Elijah Brown = Tyler Dorsey?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Elijah Brown = Tyler Dorsey?

Post by pudgejeff »

oregontrack wrote:i will say this for elijah brown:

i was against bringing him in because i did not think a volume shooter is what this team needed. that said, we did bring him in, and i have a really hard time faulting a high volume shooter for shooting a high volume of shots. we knew what we were getting when we extended the offer. he's an easy target because we as fans can point to so many bad shot attempts, but that's his game and it's what we (or altman, i guess) signed up for. you get the whole elijah brown experience, not just part of it.
It was needed for a large part of the season, but Mikyle has taken on part of that burden the last little bit and you've seen Elijah get a little better. I actually think if Mikyle would have done this early in the season we'd be a lot better, we finally have a true go to guy. Gives me some extra excitement for the Pac-12 tourney and hopefully beyond.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

pudgejeff wrote:

i was against bringing him in because i did not think a volume shooter is what this team needed. that said, we did bring him in, and i have a really hard time faulting a high volume shooter for shooting a high volume of shots. we knew what we were getting when we extended the offer. he's an easy target because we as fans can point to so many bad shot attempts, but that's his game and it's what we (or altman, i guess) signed up for. you get the whole elijah brown experience, not just part of it.
It was needed for a large part of the season, but Mikyle has taken on part of that burden the last little bit and you've seen Elijah get a little better. I actually think if Mikyle would have done this early in the season we'd be a lot better, we finally have a true go to guy. Gives me some extra excitement for the Pac-12 tourney and hopefully beyond.
MiKyle is not a go-to-guy, though. He's a good/great role player.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

MiKyle is not a go-to-guy, though. He's a good/great role player.
Hence the problem. MM is a role player, but for this team to have won as many games as it has, he has had to be the leading man. Pritchard is still playing as well as he did last season; then of course he was on the court with NBA players. T Brown is projected to be as advertised. He is a one and done, of course that is based on potential, not necessarily how he played at Oregon. E Brown, nothing to add. White is a role player. Wooten, fortunately for Oregon still has to grow, physically and skillfully, before he's NBA ready.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I have been a little let down by T. Brown, but I definitely want him back next year and think it would be in his best interest to come back.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:I have been a little let down by T. Brown, but I definitely want him back next year and think it would be in his best interest to come back.
His "best interest" would have to be defined. He can definitely improve his game, could he play his way in to being a lottery pick after next season? Right now he will definitely be selected higher than Bell, Brooks or Dorsey were.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Dorsey was a very proficient shooter, but didn’t have good handles. Lots of turn-overs and not great catching passes in traffic. But he was so clutch in March.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Merganzer wrote:
Phenom wrote:I have been a little let down by T. Brown, but I definitely want him back next year and think it would be in his best interest to come back.
His "best interest" would have to be defined. He can definitely improve his game, could he play his way in to being a lottery pick after next season? Right now he will definitely be selected higher than Bell, Brooks or Dorsey were.
I think he goes late 1st/2nd round if he leaves after this year. If he really improves his game he can be a late lottery next year.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
I think he goes late 1st/2nd round if he leaves after this year. If he really improves his game he can be a late lottery next year.
Sporting News #14 http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nb ... dln66qti01

Sports Illustrated #15 https://www.si.com/nba/nba-mock-draft-2018
Basketball Insiders #15 http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-d ... ock-draft/

It would be great for Oregon if he came back, could definitely improve his game, be the leader of a team with one and done's, Bol and King.