Oregon @ WSU (Thu 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Oregon @ WSU (Thu 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wooten needs to learn how not to foul so much. One thing Bell was awesome at.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Terrible game.
Pritchard not even close to the legend people built him up to be. Cannot put the team on his back and come up with a game saving or game winning shot, at least recently. He needs to watch more of Ionescu playing at this point :shock:
Zero competitiveness from the new players too, does not look like they care. Reminds me of the football team (especially the final Helfrich team) really.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Wooten needs to learn how not to foul so much. One thing Bell was awesome at.
I recall Bell constantly being in foul trouble his freshman year. I remember having the same frustrations with him at the time. It's part of the learning process. This was an embarrassing game, but they would have still won if they didn't hand it to WSU. The numerous And 1s and wide open shots that were missed cost them. I was starting to look forward to next week, but now I'm just banking on them losing that Friday night. They cannot play decent basketball away from home.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

I really is sad to say given the situation of the two teams, but this was a case of WSU, "WANTING IT MORE". It was a game of runs, the Ducks went on the biggest, 15-0, could have locked it up. Instead, they collapse and give up the lead. Oregon, with the win, had a chance, however fleeting it might have been, of making a case for the NCAA's. Washington State had nothing but pride to play for. Which team won?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

droop10 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Wooten needs to learn how not to foul so much. One thing Bell was awesome at.
I recall Bell constantly being in foul trouble his freshman year. I remember having the same frustrations with him at the time. It's part of the learning process. This was an embarrassing game, but they would have still won if they didn't hand it to WSU. The numerous And 1s and wide open shots that were missed cost them. I was starting to look forward to next week, but now I'm just banking on them losing that Friday night. They cannot play decent basketball away from home.
per 100 posessions:
Wooten 8.2 fouls a game

Bell 3.5 fouls a game (JR) year, but yes 6.7 foul a game his freshman year.

Bell struggled a bit as a freshman too, but Wooten is definitely careless with his fouling.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

shoparound wrote:Terrible game.
Pritchard not even close to the legend people built him up to be. Cannot put the team on his back and come up with a game saving or game winning shot, at least recently. He needs to watch more of Ionescu playing at this point :shock:
Zero competitiveness from the new players too, does not look like they care. Reminds me of the football team (especially the final Helfrich team) really.
1. You're clueless if you think this is anything like Helfrich's last team. Comparing 4-8 where the culture is entirely falling apart to what will be a 20 win basketball team in the NIT....zzzz.

2. PP hit 2 late game tying shots this season. You hit some you miss some as the guy and he's too often been stuck as the only guy doing anything.

3. There's plenty of competitiveness, especially from the young guys. What the team as a whole lacks is consistent intensity, which stems from the leadership of the team, which I don't feel is particularly strong as our seniors have the basketball IQ of a peanut.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phenom wrote:Wooten jumps @ everything.
Doesn't he know he can block a shot to himself? Or to a team mate? Bet he hasn't done that more than a handful of times this year. Basketball IQ :shock:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I didn’t watch the game as I was busy, but I was shocked to see they lost! I’ve heard people point to a lack of effort, with an outside chance to get the 4th seed in the PAC-12 tourney and an opening day rest, you’d think they’d fight hard. Very disappointing loss. Seems like turnovers were a real issue, especially for McIntosh. What happened there?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OSU crushed WSU by like 30 today. Really makes Oregon's loss really head-scratching and frustrating.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:OSU crushed WSU by like 30 today. Really makes Oregon's loss really head-scratching and frustrating.
We get to play them in the tourney don't we?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:
greenyellow wrote:OSU crushed WSU by like 30 today. Really makes Oregon's loss really head-scratching and frustrating.
We get to play them in the tourney don't we?
Final game on Wednesday at 8:30 PM.