Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Pac-12 awards announced

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://pac-12.com/article/2018/03/04/20 ... -announced

Payton Pritchard 2nd team. (honestly should have gotten the nod over Bibbins for 1st team).

Wooten is 1st all defensive team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Pac-12 awards announced

Post by Tray Dub »

Pritchard did not have a first-team all-conference year. He did not make the most of his chance to be the team leader. I like the kid, and I'm glad he'll be around next season, but he didn't deserve first-team honors.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tray Dub wrote:Pritchard did not have a first-team all-conference year. He did not make the most of his chance to be the team leader. I like the kid, and I'm glad he'll be around next season, but he didn't deserve first-team honors.
Agree on Pritchard. Interesting that Troy Brown and Ayton are the only Pac-12 freshmen to be included in NBA mock drafts, but Brown is not on the Pac-12 All Freshman Team.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:Pritchard did not have a first-team all-conference year. He did not make the most of his chance to be the team leader. I like the kid, and I'm glad he'll be around next season, but he didn't deserve first-team honors.
But Bibbins did? Keep in mind awards are relative. You only have to be more deserving than those around you.

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
But Bibbins did? Keep in mind awards are relative. You only have to be more deserving than those around you.
As I watched the Ducks play this season, I just didn't see them being led by a First Team Point Guard. I went through the stats though and Pritchard-Bibbins are practically identical. Pritchard PPG is 14.6, Bibbins, 14.4. Assists: Bibbins, 4.9, Pritchard, 4.8. FG% Bibbins, 46.4, Pritchard, 45.6. So, probably should have just stopped the guards at Holliday & Trier. McLaughlin averaged, 12.5 PPG and 7.5 APG.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Don't know, didn't watch him enough to have an opinion on him. But I did watch plenty of Pritchard, and to me that just was not a first-team all-conference season.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Don't know, didn't watch him enough to have an opinion on him. But I did watch plenty of Pritchard, and to me that just was not a first-team all-conference season.
Fair, Even for me, I wouldn't die on the battlefield, but just wasn't stoked about Bibbins the couple times I watched him.

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index

Altman pleased with Pritchard's perfprmance.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Overall, he has played well this year considering that he is only a sophomore and has had a ton of pressure on his shoulders. My only complaint is that sometimes he over dribbles and does not get the offense moving quickly enough. That is expected when you are young and playing with all new faces. Pritch is a good point guard. We are lucky to have him. Without him, we probably lose another 5-7 games