Pac-12 Tournament: Oregon vs USC (Fri 8:30 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Pac-12 Tournament: Oregon vs USC (Fri 8:30 PM FS1)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

ducks5ever wrote:We should be proud that we got this far despite the fact that we have literally 0 impact players on this team.
And between our two PG’s we have one who has no clue how to run an offense and has 0 court awareness and another one who pouts a lot and is way too sloppy with the ball. Pick your poison Dana!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

This group should watch Oregon WBB, maybe they would learn how to be a team.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Not a smart team.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Gawd it's a blowout already. One would think there would be at least one player who would be the leader. Nope. How have they won so many games? It's a mystery team.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Starting to look like a team who's playing their 3rd game in as many days. They just look a step slow.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Probably gonna be a blowout, USC just has more energy. Oregon through sloppy play and poor defense has taken themselves out of the game and with this being the third game in a row they simply don’t have the energy to come back. This is their own faults, it just amazes me this team hasn’t improved at all this season. What a very disappointing team. You can argue with fans all day on twitter but we see what this team has produced, and it was far below their potential. Maybe they’ll figure out what a 2-3 zone is once they’re in the NIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rockthief wrote:Gawd it's a blowout already. One would think there would be at least one player who would be the leader. Nope. How have they won so many games? It's a mystery team.
Call me crazy but I think this team has talent. It’s how they can be in games despite playing crappy. But against good teams like USC you’ll get blown out for playing crappy ball. It’s sad really, to see guys with talent waste it because they’d rather play selfish streetball than teamball. I just want t see Elijah Brown gone, Troy Brown returning with an offseason of hard work along with Wooten, and Bol, King, and Williams ready to come in and play aggressive good basketball.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know I’ll get executed on this forum just for saying this, but did Altman peak last season? I personally don’t think so, just throwing it out there.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Elijah Brown just made one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen but hey it may result in a 4 point play!

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I know I’ll get executed on this forum just for saying this, but did Altman peak last season? I personally don’t think so, just throwing it out there.

Naw, no execution. Altman had much better players last year. They were cohesive and played like it. This team make terrible decisions and plays a group of individuals.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I know I’ll get executed on this forum just for saying this, but did Altman peak last season? I personally don’t think so, just throwing it out there.

Kind of a dumb take. Not sure a lot of coaches could take so many new pieces and get them to play that well. Even Calipari at UK had a team fail to make the NCAA Tournament after winning a championship due to replacing nearly his entire team. This team has talent but it's nowhere near what Altman had the previous 2 seasons.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rockthief wrote:

Naw, no execution. Altman had much better players last year. They were cohesive and played like it. This team make terrible decisions and plays a group of individuals.
I couldn’t agree more, and it takes one guy like Elijah Brown to ruin the chemistry of a team and he’s done just that. Altman is a great team this year but he has a bunch of broken pieces and he’s trying to make a puzzle which is impossible. I hope either Troy Brown returns and improves a lot or we get Brandon Williams or someone else who can play PG cause we need a PG badly. Pritchard simply is incapable or running point. I think he’d be a good SG though.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Nobody can defend Troy Brown like Troy Brown. If he just gets out of his own head and plays freely and stops overthinking he’s very good and makes a very good PG, which this team desperately needs.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

That’s game. 17 is too much to overcome. Couldn’t get a rebound when it mattered most. At least this team fought at the end, way too little way too late, and not like there’s anything they can learn cause the season is over. Maybe they’ll put a decent showing in the NIT. Ready for next season! Take us somewhere big Bol Bol!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Troy Brown seems to be make all his moves like it's a scrimmage-type setting where they're only supposed to go like 80% effort. There's almost no intensity to any of his game.