Who stays? Who goes?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Re: Who stays? Who goes?

Post by Kyle's Brother »

chapelhillduck wrote:Brown made the right choice. You don't turn down top20 money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you in Chapel Hill??? I'm just a couple minutes up the 15-501 in Durham
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

chapelhillduck wrote:Brown made the right choice. You don't turn down top20 money

Assuming he goes top 20.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:It's not that I don't think he has the potential, it's that it doesn't seem guaranteed to me that teams will be getting in line to draft a guy who seems like he is going straight to the G-League. Why pay a guy to develop so that he can jump to another team by the time he is actually a productive player? It reminds me of Jermaine O'Neal, who was a pretty good player...for the Pacers.

The only way it makes sense to me is if there is just a dearth of NBA-ready players in the draft, so picking a project is the only option.
What does NBA ready even mean? Do you want Grayson Allen who had a proven college career, but has limited potential? He will never be a high level defender like Troy Brown. He will always be lacking in length vs Brown. The only thing holding Troy Brown back right now is his shot.
Disagree pretty strongly with this. His turnover issues and off ball defense is not going to get him any NBA playing time for a couple years. Not that he cannot develop this, but he's not going to get any PT until those things improve first. They'll play guys with no jumper in the NBA, they won't if you do those other things we saw all season that drive coaches nuts.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrantDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:It's not that I don't think he has the potential, it's that it doesn't seem guaranteed to me that teams will be getting in line to draft a guy who seems like he is going straight to the G-League. Why pay a guy to develop so that he can jump to another team by the time he is actually a productive player? It reminds me of Jermaine O'Neal, who was a pretty good player...for the Pacers.

The only way it makes sense to me is if there is just a dearth of NBA-ready players in the draft, so picking a project is the only option.
What does NBA ready even mean? Do you want Grayson Allen who had a proven college career, but has limited potential? He will never be a high level defender like Troy Brown. He will always be lacking in length vs Brown. The only thing holding Troy Brown back right now is his shot.
Disagree pretty strongly with this. His turnover issues and off ball defense is not going to get him any NBA playing time for a couple years. Not that he cannot develop this, but he's not going to get any PT until those things improve first. They'll play guys with no jumper in the NBA, they won't if you do those other things we saw all season that drive coaches nuts.
I don’t think 2.5 topg is bad, considering Pritchard was the only other player on our roster who could distribute.

Off ball defense, idk. Couldn’t say That I paid attention, so maybe you’re right. But he has all the physical tools to be a good defender in the NBA.

But you can even tell he recognizes his shot to be his glaring issue. In his interview after declaring for the draft, he kept saying how his shot is getting much better and how’s his percentages Are going up.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Anyone know Cage’s status? Maybe he is going to stay?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

According to Prehm and this article, it sounds like Oregon just about lost assistant Tony Stubblefield to Fresno State.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college ... 98299.html
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:According to Prehm and this article, it sounds like Oregon just about lost assistant Tony Stubblefield to Fresno State.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college ... 98299.html
I just about missed the just about in your post. Phew! Glad Stubblefield didn't leave yet, although he probably will at some point.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Stubbs staying is great.

Curious about the grad transfers available and who Oregon will go for there.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Keith Smith is headed to Pepperdine, where Lorenzo Romar is the new coach.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Did Troy sign with an agent yet?
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

First post in this thread is lookin pretty good now ;)
Good in the prediction category, of course. Always sucks to lose guys who could provide depth down the line.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Duck07 wrote:Did Troy sign with an agent yet?
I think they said on the Pac-12 network that only two of the underclass men from our league had signed with agents. One was Ewe-banks, and the other was a UCLA guy but that was last week so it might have changed.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Withdrawal date is June 11. But Troy is gonna sign, he's projected top 20 most mocks.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13