Wow

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Wow

Post by nogerO »

Will Richardson is struggling in the semi-final hs Nat champ game. Looks lost against talented competition.

And of course as soon as I write this he shows up. :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Wow

Post by Phalanx »

Sounds like he led his team with 23 points. I guess we won't revoke his scholarship?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

nogerO, you should consider mixing in a few positive threads and comments.

I watched Richardson and Bol today. Still maintain that Lou King is the best player in Oregon's class.

Will is a good player(reminds me of Kyle Anderson) and Miles Norris plays really hard. Both should be around multiple years and be big time players for the program.

Bol on the other hand...I think it's not that he doesn't WANT to play hard, it's that he needs to learn HOW to play hard. He has absolutely ZERO idea how to play position defense with his height and body. He's either blocking a shot or playing complete matador defense. We aren't going to be a good defensive rebounding team with him in the game either. His dribbling is already far past where Boucher's was at Oregon, but his passing/game sense, etc just needs more work than he's going to get in 1 year at Oregon. Anyhow, there's going to be a lot of Oregon fans on Twitter/message boards that are just irate at him next year, saying he's not playing hard, etc...but it's moreso that he just has so much to learn about the game.

Also, RJ Barrett is a stud with a lot of will to go with his talent. Sucks balls that he's going to Dook of all schools.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GrantDuck, while I do agree about Bol Bol, like KD said, the Oregon coaches will get him playing right quickly. I think RJ Barrett is also a great player, and honestly I wasn’t surprised he went to Duke, just look at his high school choice, he only wants to go to the best, and Duke is considered by many to be the best program with the best coach. But while I think Bol Bol does have areas he needs to improve, his talent level alone puts him above the rest for me, and I said that before he and RJ made their commitments. And like you said, it’s not like he doesn’t want to play hard, he just hasn’t been taught yet. Hopefully Jordan Bell pays him a visit before the season to teach him a few things. But I have a lot of faith that Oregon will get him playing the right way quickly and he’ll be a real force next year.

But I don’t want that to take anything away from Lou King, that guy is also an amazing athlete and he’ll do really good things for us. If we did get RU Barrett, then we’d be very hard to beat, but honestly I don’t think we need him, I’m very happy with what we got, especially if we land Brandon Williams.

I’m very optimistic about Oregon next season and I think we got very special young athletes for us that I truly believe could win us a national championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk