ESPN's Way Too Early Women's Bball Rankings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: ESPN's Way Too Early Women's Bball Rankings

Post by Merganzer »

frogsnouts wrote:I assumed Maley would be the starter with Bando leaving? Is Sabally's sister supposed to take that spot or someone who I'm not remembering? Seemed like she would've gotten a lot more minutes next year.
Nyara Sabally looks like she will help where the Ducks can really use it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/in ... signs.html

Sabally, a 6-3 forward who is the younger sister of UO freshman Satou Sabally, averaged 17.3 points and 12.8 rebounds for the German national team and won MVP honors during last summer's FIBA U18 Division B European Championships. Graves described Sabally as built like a traditional post with the comfort of a guard when playing away from the basket.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Most think Boley will take over for Bando.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Can't say I'm surprised to see all these transfers. These are players who were basically going to be stuck behind established starters for another year or two. They want to get more PT that Oregon can't really offer. It'll be interesting to see what Graves does with those 3 open scholarships this season since it's likely too late to add any quality HS player, which means he'd either have to take a grad transfer who's okay with limited minutes but wants to play on an elite team or a transfer who'll sit out the upcoming season. I could just as easily see him roll with the 11 scholarship players he's got, hope everyone stays healthy, and try to sign another big recruiting class in 2019.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

maxduck wrote:Aina Ayuso is also gone.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... epart.html
Darn. I guess someone on the team needs to learn the crossover dribble move now.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not sure if this is true or credible, but someone on Twitter is saying that Oregon many potentially be losing another player, this time a starter. That would really suck as they'd have a really thin bench.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

none of the returning starters transferring out would make any sense.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:none of the returning starters transferring out would make any sense.
I know. Hopefully that person was just mistaken. Only person I could reasonably see going would be Cazorla as she has pro options in Spain but with her so close to finishing her college career, it'd be a head-scratching move.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

My first thought, although not a starter, was McGwire. Which would suck. Felt like she shoulda got more pt against Notre Dame.