CBS Sports projects Oregon as #18 to start season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

CBS Sports projects Oregon as #18 to start season

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Still early, but I'd expect Oregon to sneak into the top 25 on many of the polls.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: CBS Sports projects Oregon as #18 to start season

Post by northbeachsf »

This season is going to be really interesting with only three true guards on the team. Our defense should be insane. Offense is going to be another story. The real question is who is going to be able to score consistently outside of Pritchard and King?
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

northbeachsf wrote:This season is going to be really interesting with only three true guards on the team. Our defense should be insane. Offense is going to be another story. The real question is who is going to be able to score consistently outside of Pritchard and King?
Bol?

Also, funny that you're in North Beach. I'm in SOMA!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

northbeachsf wrote:This season is going to be really interesting with only three true guards on the team. Our defense should be insane. Offense is going to be another story. The real question is who is going to be able to score consistently outside of Pritchard and King?
We return 4 of our top 7 scorers. Throw Bol Bol and King in there and we will be about the same as we were this year.

If we can get a grad transfer who can shoot 3s and put up 10-11 ppg, we will be fine.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

OG Duck wrote:
Bol?

Also, funny that you're in North Beach. I'm in SOMA!
I spent most of my life there, but I live in Sacramento now....closer to skiing :D
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

Okoro will jump us up higher if he reclassifies. That's the real game changer for us.

We don't play with a system that requires multiple guards. We play with a primary ball handler, a post, and three players that rotate around the perimeter. Bol, Kigab, White, King, and probably Norris will all probably function just like Bailey and Richardson, with Pritchard doing the ball handling and Okoro and Wooten rotating in the post. I would really like to see Altman add another PG to spell Pritchard, but I'm not sure it's a necessity. If we do that I'd like to see the PG be a lock down defender.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

18 is going to seem really high when we first see this team, but about right by mid season.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Kyle's Brother wrote:Okoro will jump us up higher if he reclassifies. That's the real game changer for us.

We don't play with a system that requires multiple guards. We play with a primary ball handler, a post, and three players that rotate around the perimeter. Bol, Kigab, White, King, and probably Norris will all probably function just like Bailey and Richardson, with Pritchard doing the ball handling and Okoro and Wooten rotating in the post. I would really like to see Altman add another PG to spell Pritchard, but I'm not sure it's a necessity. If we do that I'd like to see the PG be a lock down defender.
Just due to rotation, minimum 4 guards is a must unless you trust you fowards at the SG
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)