Bell lives it up at parade

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

This is a few days old but Bell was bananas during the Golden State championship parade. Here are some highlights. Pretty funny watch.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jchKi_eKs5A
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Bell lives it up at parade

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Wow he looks like a fool, is he trying to be like JR Smith?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

He looked like a 20 something kid who just won the biggest prize in basketball..... his rookie season... ring #1
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I get that, but in my personal opinion, celebrate like that behind closed doors. When celebrating with the fans, remember a lot of them are kids. Be respectful and sober. But that’s just my personal opinion and preference.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Bell is probably the coolest, most down to earth UO athlete I've ever met. Show some respect, OF4L.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:Bell is probably the coolest, most down to earth UO athlete I've ever met. Show some respect, OF4L.
What was disrespectful? Bell was probably drinking a bit too much and being intoxicated like that is not a really good look for him. Hopefully now that he's got it out of his system, he'll be a little calmer should they win any future title.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I started watching games in 1991 and Bell is by far my favorite Oregon basketball player. Dude is awesome both personally and on the floor. That being said, this was probably not his best decision. However, he is young and will likely make a few mistakes along the way. Not a huge deal in my eyes.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I get that, but in my personal opinion, celebrate like that behind closed doors. When celebrating with the fans, remember a lot of them are kids. Be respectful and sober. But that’s just my personal opinion and preference.

“What about the kids?!?!?” :roll:

Let Bell and the rest of the players live it up and their parents can explain to them why a bunch of guys on the Warriors were hammered in the streets of Oakland.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

I'm trying to figure out what was wrong here? It's not like he was belig or something. I know they kept making a point of him doing all that stuff because he had been drinking, but that's just Jordan. He's always been goofy and very interactive with the fans. He didn't do anything obscene, and drinking is legal so I'm not sure what about it is a bad example for kids.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pudgejeff wrote:I'm trying to figure out what was wrong here? It's not like he was belig or something. I know they kept making a point of him doing all that stuff because he had been drinking, but that's just Jordan. He's always been goofy and very interactive with the fans. He didn't do anything obscene, and drinking is legal so I'm not sure what about it is a bad example for kids.
I get what you’re saying and you make good points, I don’t have a problem with drinking and I drink myself. From my personal perspective, Bell is more than some drunk random guy, he’s a role model, an example for kids to follow. And whether he or other athlete likes it or not, being a professional athlete comes with the responsibility of being a role model. So to me, sure parents can explain to their kids Bell was drunk, but even if they say don’t get drunk, someone they look up to just was drunk in a public setting, so in their eyes, getting drunk looks cooler now.

And I want to add I’ve met Bell too and he was a pleasure to meet. My wife jumped on the Oregon bandwagon because of him and we were lucky enough to find him at the Spring game and she got a pic with him. He was a great guy and I’m glad he’s a duck. I just think this wasn’t a wise choice.

Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The list of stupid things I've done while drunk is pretty extensive, that's why I stick to mescaline now!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:The list of stupid things I've done while drunk is pretty extensive, that's why I stick to mescaline now!
I recall Rennie’s, a few lines of salt, a lime squirted in your eye and some well tequila one fateful night. A “Three Wise Men” or two may have been involved that night. Figured you’d moved on from booze but always saw you as a peyote and peace pipe kind of guy.