Oregon involved in FBI case...no bueno

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Oregon involved in FBI case...no bueno

Post by EncinitasDuck »

It will be really interesting to see what the "evidence" is on this allegation. So So So tired of allegations being taken as proof and splattered all over social media. If they're proven to be true in a court of law so be it, but in the meantime so much collateral damage and still amazes me that our society is so quick to trust any statement made as factual. Really sad IMHO.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Well if it’s on the internet it must be true :roll:
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

karlhungis wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Yikes, would be stinky. Especially with the momentum this program has right now.
If it doesn't get resolved quickly, it won't matter if it is true or not, the damage will be done. Oregon needs to take an immediate hard line stance on this like Arizona and Miller did if there is any chance that the allegations are false.
Isn't Miller still the head coach?
Yes. When this first dropped on AZ, Miller immediately held a press conference and stated the accusations were completely false. The University and AD backed him 100% after an internal investigation that lasted under a week (he only missed two games). Then Ayton’s family hired a lawyer for a defamation suit. AZ ended up with a Top 25 recruiting class and limited the damage by acting quickly and decisively. They are not out of the woods yet, but they handled the situation very well. Oregon should take note.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Merganzer wrote:
Last month Louisville attorney's claimed a text from Pitino suggested DePaul was offering 200K but we're supposed to believe that the 100K offer was below the astronomical figure Bowen was offered and that he decided to go with the lowest payout.

I don't think the NCAA is going to be sending us any letters on this unless there is something concrete that isn't a claim made by someone with credibility problems.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The more I hear and read, the more I think Gatto, Code, and Dawkins have absolutely nothing but hearsay and innuendo. Dawkins included a list of players he supposedly did business with and Troy Brown is on the list:
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

EncinitasDuck wrote:It will be really interesting to see what the "evidence" is on this allegation. So So So tired of allegations being taken as proof and splattered all over social media. If they're proven to be true in a court of law so be it, but in the meantime so much collateral damage and still amazes me that our society is so quick to trust any statement made as factual. Really sad IMHO.
The standard social media response to this is, "Dana Altman covered up sexual assault 2 times and paid players."

Of course, we know the first part is completely false, but it's still repeated.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Wouldn't getting rid of the "one and done" policy eliminate a lot of this garbage?
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

maxduck wrote:Wouldn't getting rid of the "one and done" policy eliminate a lot of this garbage?
For sure. IMO, it cant’t happen soon enough.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

northbeachsf wrote:
maxduck wrote:Wouldn't getting rid of the "one and done" policy eliminate a lot of this garbage?
I don't believe it would. The number of guys you could assume are getting paid is still greater than the number of them that would get drafted. I think the answer is an expansion of the G-League to be more like Europe and allow top tier prospects the ability to turn pro at a younger age. Imagine teams trying to tank if Relegation was an option. :lol:
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Duck07 wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
I don't believe it would. The number of guys you could assume are getting paid is still greater than the number of them that would get drafted. I think the answer is an expansion of the G-League to be more like Europe and allow top tier prospects the ability to turn pro at a younger age. Imagine teams trying to tank if Relegation was an option. :lol:
Couldn't a prospect skip college and enter the G League if players were eligible for the draft directly out of high school?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

maxduck wrote: Couldn't a prospect skip college and enter the G League if players were eligible for the draft directly out of high school?
Only if they were 18 can they be drafted/play is my understanding of what the change will be.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

TualatinDuck wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... ar-BBNTqOU

This is really going to get ugly.
after reading that I feel much better actually. They don't have anything on us except apparently 2 people not with Oregon or Nike saying that Oregon has offered way more thank 100K; some evidence alright. If we offered more than 100K why did he sign with UL 2-3 days later? Because the Oregon offer was just BS used to drive the price up to 100K. Everybody loves to throw our name around because of Phil and his wealth from Nike so obviously the only reason we accomplish anything in sports is because we're paying them under the table. If that recording is all they have on us, we're in the clear.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Duck07 wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... ar-BBNTqOU

This is really going to get ugly.
after reading that I feel much better actually. They don't have anything on us except apparently 2 people not with Oregon or Nike saying that Oregon has offered way more thank 100K; some evidence alright. If we offered more than 100K why did he sign with UL 2-3 days later? Because the Oregon offer was just BS used to drive the price up to 100K. Everybody loves to throw our name around because of Phil and his wealth from Nike so obviously the only reason we accomplish anything in sports is because we're paying them under the table. If that recording is all they have on us, we're in the clear.

Yup just sounds like they used Oregon as negotiation leverage to get a bigger offer.