WBB #3 Oregon @ Alaska, Tue. 8:00 PM

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

WBB #3 Oregon @ Alaska, Tue. 8:00 PM

Post by Merganzer »

Home town, (Fairbanks) game for Ruthie Hebard
Last edited by Merganzer on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ Alaska, Mon. 5:00 PM

Post by DuckNV »

goducks.com has the game time at 8:00 pm PST.

There's also a link at goducks to watch the game, though I can't tell if it's free or requires payment.
Duck07
All-American

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ Alaska, Mon. 5:00 PM

Post by Duck07 »

Goducks.com says the game is on TUESDAY and will be streamed by Alaska-Fairbanks.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/uaf/
Merganzer
Senior

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ Alaska, Tue. 8:00 PM

Post by Merganzer »

Okay, so except for having the day & time wrong, everything else was right in the OP. Thanks.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

That was a close one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Whew!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tripling scores

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://goducks.com/news/2018/11/7/wome ... oming.aspx

Ruthy Hebard began her day Tuesday feeling under the weather. She ended it feeling the love of an adoring hometown crowd.

Oregon's junior forward played through illness Tuesday night as the No. 3 Ducks opened the 2018-19 season with a 115-36 victory over Alaska-Fairbanks. The game against the Division-II Nanooks was scheduled to provide a homecoming for Hebard, and the adoration was apparent from start to finish.

When Oregon's team bus pulled up to the Patty Center more than an hour before tip, the facility's doors weren't yet open but dozens of fans were braving 5 degree weather to secure a good seat. And after the Ducks had secured their win, Hebard was mobbed on the court by friends and family for selfies, autographs and hugs.

"I was glad to see old teachers, old coaches, everybody," Hebard said. "It was nice. …. I'm just excited. It feels good to be back."

Hebard started but played only 23 minutes, finishing with 17 points on 6-of-7 shooting. Satou Sabally kicked off her sophomore season with 21 points, and preseason all-American Sabrina Ionescu added 18 points, 11 rebounds and 12 assists.

The triple-double was the 11th of Ionescu's career. Already the NCAA women's record-holder, Ionescu needs one more triple-double to match the NCAA men's record of 12 set by Kyle Collinsworth of BYU.

Tuesday's game also featured the Oregon debuts of transfer Erin Boley, who started and hit 4-of-8 three-point attempts for 14 points, and freshman Taylor Chavez, who had 13 points with four assists. Morgan Yaeger returned from a nearly two-year layoff due to injury and had six points with three assists, while Lydia Giomi came back from the foot injury that ended her 2017-18 season by notching two points with three rebounds.

Giomi also played despite falling ill during Oregon's road trip. Hebard awoke Tuesday experiencing similar symptoms, but she wasn't going to miss out on her homecoming game.

"I woke up, I didn't feel good," Hebard said. "But I was like, 'OK, everyone's coming. I'm getting texts all day. So I'm gonna try and battle through it."'
Hebard won the opening tip for the Ducks. Then, she scored on the game's opening possession, taking up home in her usual spot underneath the hoop and laying in the game's first points.

Later in the quarter, Hebard got behind the defense on a fastbreak, and the crowd began to buzz with anticipation she might attempt a dunk.

Instead, Hebard casually laid in two more points, giving the Ducks a 32-8 lead in a game they had control of from start to finish. The play wasn't quite what some of the fans had been hoping for, but in the end they were just happy to be able to cheer on their hometown girl Hebard in person.

"I wish she could have been healthy," UO coach Kelly Graves said. "But I'm proud of her."
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Merganzer wrote:https://goducks.com/news/2018/11/7/wome ... oming.aspx

Later in the quarter, Hebard got behind the defense on a fastbreak, and the crowd began to buzz with anticipation she might attempt a dunk.

Instead, Hebard casually laid in two more points, giving the Ducks a 32-8 lead in a game they had control of from start to finish. The play wasn't quite what some of the fans had been hoping for, but in the end they were just happy to be able to cheer on their hometown girl Hebard in person.
Can Hebard actually dunk it?