Eastern Washington @ Oregon (Nov 9 Friday 6 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Eastern Washington @ Oregon (Nov 9 Friday 6 PM Pac-12 Ne

Post by Merganzer »

Okoro continues to impress, of Oregon's Big's, he's the one who is best at the basket offensively, a very good rebounder, with strong moves. White has improved his game a lot from last season. He used to take a half hour to make a move, now he's playing purposefully.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

UnguardaBOL.
Wow. Going to be a fun year.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Really excited to see this team play some top 25 competition. Hopefully a showdown with Syracuse is coming.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

northbeachsf wrote:UnguardaBOL.
Wow. Going to be a fun year.
HyperBOLe?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Before I move on to football, just a few thoughts from the game last night and taking into consideration who we played.

Bol looks a lot better than I was expecting him to be 2 games in. Outside of his decision to try and drive rather than shoot the 3 a few times in the 1st half, I've been really impressed with how well he's managed to fit in so far. He does have a low release so not hesitating to shoot will lead to him always being able to get a clean look off.

Okoro has a classic PF/C game to him and while we likely won't see him develop that inside game on offense this year consistently, he plays wide and strong down low in a way the other bigs don't.

Miles Norris looks more like a Modern 4 in warmups. Hit 6-7 from the left wing when I was watching.

Wooten had a knee brace on during warmups to start the 2nd half, didn't wear it at all during the 2nd half.

Will Richardson has a very smooth game on the court. In the 1st he got the ball on the wing and was looking for PP who then told him to run the offense and after that he seemed to settle into the pace of things. If he's the key to the 2nd Unit for us this season, so far so good.

Amin and White I group together because I'm not sure which of them is going to the 2nd unit though I lean towards White going to the bench and being a 6th man for us with a 2nd unit of Richardson, Bailey, Kigab, White and Okoro.

Really thought early on that PP would have had a double double but he ended with 8. I felt like that was a game where he and Altman both worked on getting others involved. Thought he had some good passes in transition beyond just the Bol Dunk and I want to say that Wooten needed to get his head around on another that PP would have fired to him for an easy look.

Bailey and Kigab both look like a year older than they were last year and play with some more confidence; not a knock but also not a big step forward to this point either. Kigab in particular had a really strong play in the paint in the 2nd half on a rebound.

Would have been nice obviously had we played a team at full-strength but we never looked out of sorts and we're going to present our own challenges against Iowa coming up. Let's hope they're ready for the challenge!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Bol's basketball IQ on offense has really impressed me. He knows what pass to make out of double teams, when he has space, and he knows the difference between a good shot and a bad one most of the time.

On D he needs to understand help defense/rotations, but that sort of stuff is pretty hard for a freshman whose job in high school was just to stand in the key on defense.

If White continues to shoot as well as he has so far, I think he's got to be a starter or 1st guy off the bench.
Duck07 wrote:Before I move on to football, just a few thoughts from the game last night and taking into consideration who we played.

Bol looks a lot better than I was expecting him to be 2 games in. Outside of his decision to try and drive rather than shoot the 3 a few times in the 1st half, I've been really impressed with how well he's managed to fit in so far. He does have a low release so not hesitating to shoot will lead to him always being able to get a clean look off.

Okoro has a classic PF/C game to him and while we likely won't see him develop that inside game on offense this year consistently, he plays wide and strong down low in a way the other bigs don't.

Miles Norris looks more like a Modern 4 in warmups. Hit 6-7 from the left wing when I was watching.

Wooten had a knee brace on during warmups to start the 2nd half, didn't wear it at all during the 2nd half.

Will Richardson has a very smooth game on the court. In the 1st he got the ball on the wing and was looking for PP who then told him to run the offense and after that he seemed to settle into the pace of things. If he's the key to the 2nd Unit for us this season, so far so good.

Amin and White I group together because I'm not sure which of them is going to the 2nd unit though I lean towards White going to the bench and being a 6th man for us with a 2nd unit of Richardson, Bailey, Kigab, White and Okoro.

Really thought early on that PP would have had a double double but he ended with 8. I felt like that was a game where he and Altman both worked on getting others involved. Thought he had some good passes in transition beyond just the Bol Dunk and I want to say that Wooten needed to get his head around on another that PP would have fired to him for an easy look.

Bailey and Kigab both look like a year older than they were last year and play with some more confidence; not a knock but also not a big step forward to this point either. Kigab in particular had a really strong play in the paint in the 2nd half on a rebound.

Would have been nice obviously had we played a team at full-strength but we never looked out of sorts and we're going to present our own challenges against Iowa coming up. Let's hope they're ready for the challenge!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:Before I move on to football, just a few thoughts from the game last night and taking into consideration who we played.

I think Kigab is starting to find his role. Hustle player, grabs the hard rebounds and scraps for loose balls. He's never gonna be an offensive contributor, so I'd love to see him focus on the defensive side and really hustle/crash the boards when he's in.

Also Amin looked a lot better today. He's also scrappy. Once he settles in, I think we'll appreciate what he can add to the team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13