2K Classic: Iowa vs Oregon (Nov 15 Thursday 6 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

2K Classic: Iowa vs Oregon (Nov 15 Thursday 6 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

2K Classic in NYC at Madison Square Garden
Nov 15 (Thu) 6:00 PM PT
vs Iowa
TV: ESPN
Merganzer
Senior

Re: 2K Classic: Iowa vs Oregon (Nov 15 Thursday 6 PM ESPN)

Post by Merganzer »

Iowa 2-0
Off. Scoring 85.0
Def. Scoring 72.5
Leading Scorers: Tyler Cook 14.5
Jordon Bohannon 12.5
Joe Wieskamp, 12.5
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Iowa isn't shooting the ball really well from outside, which is good for us. They also have been sloppy handling the ball.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Hope I can watch this, I have Church small group with my wife on Thursday nights, wish they’d switch to Wednesday nights during basketball season!!!!! It’ll be fun to see how this team handles a legit team, but I’m confident they’ll do just fine and will take care of business and win comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Focus on playing great Defense, controlling the glass and letting that set up your offense.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Top Keys:
#1 Rebounding. (especially if we play Syracuse, we can't give up like 20+ offensive rebounds).

#2. Someone besides Payton/Bol scoring. Teams are 100% going to focus Payton defensively and take the ball out of his hands. I think eventually Will Richardson will be the guy in that situation, but he's still on restriction.

#3. Staying out of foul trouble for Bol/Okoro. No silly/lazy fouls.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Kind of a sidenote on this trip . . . I thought I understood one of the P12N announcers for the EWU game say that King was going to be checked out by the doctor who performed the surgery while the Ducks are in NY. Would be great to hear that it's all systems go for King upon the Ducks return to Eugene.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood wrote:Kind of a sidenote on this trip . . . I thought I understood one of the P12N announcers for the EWU game say that King was going to be checked out by the doctor who performed the surgery while the Ducks are in NY. Would be great to hear that it's all systems go for King upon the Ducks return to Eugene.
I imagine he'd still be on a minutes restriction because of his conditioning and not wanting to push too fast too soon.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yeah, I assume so. But it'd just be nice to hear that King has clearance to practice pretty much like every other player.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrantDuck wrote:Top Keys:
#1 Rebounding. (especially if we play Syracuse, we can't give up like 20+ offensive rebounds).

#2. Someone besides Payton/Bol scoring. Teams are 100% going to focus Payton defensively and take the ball out of his hands. I think eventually Will Richardson will be the guy in that situation, but he's still on restriction.

#3. Staying out of foul trouble for Bol/Okoro. No silly/lazy fouls.
I wonder if we will press Iowa. But agreed on staying out of foul trouble. I think that will be key against Iowa. We really should win that game if we play a solid game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Kind of a sidenote on this trip . . . I thought I understood one of the P12N announcers for the EWU game say that King was going to be checked out by the doctor who performed the surgery while the Ducks are in NY. Would be great to hear that it's all systems go for King upon the Ducks return to Eugene.
I imagine he'd still be on a minutes restriction because of his conditioning and not wanting to push too fast too soon.
I've seen that Richardson is on a minutes restriction for now.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Quick scout on Iowa:

Iowa has a beast of a SF/PF in Tyler Cook. He has experience playing against Bol this summer at the Nike skills camp. They have an experienced junior PG so it will be fun to see him go against Payton and it will be a good test for Payton's early improved defense that we've seen from him.

They are a good shooting team, despite their early struggles there this season.

They didn't play much defense last year, but Garza looks to be blocking more shots early this year and that may help them, but I think if we attack the basket and move the ball against their zone, we will be fine.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Read some of the Iowa boards...they know more about our team than many of us do. :lol: I learned some things myself. Def. some die hards on there! Most predicting an Oregon win.

Not sure myself what to expect at all, as neither team has really played anyone and I think we are going to be really inconsistent until at least February with all the pieces.

One other random observation, Bol and Payton seem to have good chemistry together on offense already. That's a good thing because I felt like we had such chemistry issues last year.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Looks like UConn is going to knock off Syracuse. A bit of a bummer that we won't get a ranked matchup if we win.