San Diego @ Oregon (Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Re: San Diego @ Oregon (Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by GrantDuck »

Good W. Good defense.

Offense besides Bol has a lot to go.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Tray Dub wrote:Wow, the women only beat South Dakota State by 8? That seems worrying.
Michigan State really exposed them. You pound them inside and make inside cuts to the basket. They also don't have any depth.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know I’m crazy but once King and Richardson reach their potential get their roles and are comfortable, I think they’ll be a better big three than Duke’s with Barett, Reddish, and Zion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

That is a good win. Great defense. Offense is still gross.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

oregontrack wrote:i get that paul white isn’t very good, but he was fairly inoffensive last year. I mean, he was just sort of... around.

but this year there is not a play he cannot botch. i’m sure he’s a nice dude, trying his best, yada yada, i don’t mean to be a dick, but man alive.
He doesn't rebound. 3.5rb in 25 minutes is poor effort.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

I really think that Bol Bol and Louis King need another year to reach their potential. I liken it to Dorsey and Brooks, they could have left after the first year.... but they wouldn't have been ready.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Bol is ready right now.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

mattc94 wrote:I really think that Bol Bol and Louis King need another year to reach their potential. I liken it to Dorsey and Brooks, they could have left after the first year.... but they wouldn't have been ready.
Dorsey & Brooks wouldn’t have been drafted. Bol Bol is on a whole different level.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Boom wrote:
mattc94 wrote:I really think that Bol Bol and Louis King need another year to reach their potential. I liken it to Dorsey and Brooks, they could have left after the first year.... but they wouldn't have been ready.
Dorsey & Brooks wouldn’t have been drafted. Bol Bol is on a whole different level.
I know. But if we get a guard this recruiting cycle like Cole Anthony with those two guys in Altman's system..... they'd be ridiculous.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

northbeachsf wrote:Bol is ready right now.
Absolutely. No way he doesn’t go top 5 if the season ended today. Dude got some serious dollars coming his way.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I know I’m crazy but once King and Richardson reach their potential get their roles and are comfortable, I think they’ll be a better big three than Duke’s with Barett, Reddish, and Zion.

love the enthusiasm but this is indeed crazy talk. if this were another time i would hereby have you committed to an asylum.
ImageImageImageImageImage
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

oregontrack wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I know I’m crazy but once King and Richardson reach their potential get their roles and are comfortable, I think they’ll be a better big three than Duke’s with Barett, Reddish, and Zion.

love the enthusiasm but this is indeed crazy talk. if this were another time i would hereby have you committed to an asylum.
Yea you're out of your mind. Not even close.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

San Diego @ Oregon (Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

oregontrack wrote:

Been there done that. Overrated.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Nice win!

-Defensive and our rebounding intensity starting at the end of the first half through the rest of the game was amazing. Play like that all year, and we will have a fantastic season.
-Bol Bol played close to perfect. His help defense was on point. His effort on rebounding was excellent. High level of effort from a very high level player.
-Richardson was so tentative in the first half, but in the 2nd half he was driving it more and his defense was also great.
-Steals/Deflections in the 2nd half was great. Amin and Richardson were monsters.
-White is just not playing good basketball. Today at least there was effort, but we are hurting from his lack of producing.

Overall that was fun to watch. It was also nice to see a few alleyoops! I'd love to see us do this more on pick and rolls. Also when we run a single high post offense, having our athletic bigs Lou and Wooten, running the baseline with Bol on the key.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

This team has the potential to be elite on the defensive side of the ball. They were awesome in the second half. Hopefully they can keep that going.