Boise State @ Oregon (Sat 6 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Boise State @ Oregon (Sat 6 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by oregontrack »

the computers like us a little more than the writers, but it’s pretty bad. worst year of my lifetime was 2010 (maybe 2009?) when we barely squeezed both washington and cal into the tourney — this year might end up being worse.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

fan
One Star Recruit

Post by fan »

In the post game presser Coach Altman dismissed a question about the injury to Abu and responded "he didn't get a chance to ask."
Not exactly the type of response from someone who actually cares. Better bet he knows everything there is to know about Bol. Sad but this is the reality of big time sport.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

fan wrote:In the post game presser Coach Altman dismissed a question about the injury to Abu and responded "he didn't get a chance to ask."
Not exactly the type of response from someone who actually cares. Better bet he knows everything there is to know about Bol. Sad but this is the reality of big time sport.
That's stupid. Of course he cares about his players.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

fan wrote:In the post game presser Coach Altman dismissed a question about the injury to Abu and responded "he didn't get a chance to ask."
It's not exactly like he had a lot of time to talk to the trainer about the specifics of Abu's injury since after the game, he briefly addresses the team in the locker room, does a radio interview, and then does the press conference. Likely the only time he talked about the injury with the trainer was during the game and only really to ask about if he was able to play. With Bol's injury, they've had a few days to have discussions about it and for him to know the details of the injury/prognosis.

Also, welcome to the board.
fan
One Star Recruit

Post by fan »

Tray Dub wrote:
Is that clear from this response??
fan
One Star Recruit

Post by fan »

greenyellow wrote:
It's not exactly like he had a lot of time to talk to the trainer about the specifics of Abu's injury since after the game, he briefly addresses the team in the locker room, does a radio interview, and then does the press conference. Likely the only time he talked about the injury with the trainer was during the game and only really to ask about if he was able to play. With Bol's injury, they've had a few days to have discussions about it and for him to know the details of the injury/prognosis.

You make some valid points as usual and I considered that. I just might be in the minority in thinking this kid has not been given the opportunity of others to perform and that it is clear Coach Altman is not a big fan of his game. This response though with the constraints of time as you suggest support my opinion.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

fan wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
Is it clear he doesn't care about his player's health from the response? That's a big thing to accuse a coach of, and that quote isn't even close to showing that.
fan
One Star Recruit

Post by fan »

Tray Dub wrote:
fan wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
Is it clear he doesn't care about his player's health from the response? That's a big thing to accuse a coach of, and that quote isn't even close to showing that.
You are correct... not saying so much he doesn't care about him but that it indicates as far as his injury affects the team he is not that concerned.

I apologize for making it appear broader than intended.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

fan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

You make some valid points as usual and I considered that. I just might be in the minority in thinking this kid has not been given the opportunity of others to perform and that it is clear Coach Altman is not a big fan of his game. This response though with the constraints of time as you suggest support my opinion.
Abu has been in the starting lineup recently and seems to have the freedom to in the offense just like everyone else. I actually feel like Dana likes his game more than most, as he values defense and rebounding which is where Abu excels and displays great effort.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Something questioning whether Altman cares for his players... I have now lived to hear it all. :roll:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

mattc94 wrote:Something questioning whether Altman cares for his players... I have now lived to hear it all. :roll:
I've found in those post-game pressers, a lot of times coaches do NOT ask for that stuff prior to going out so they can avoid talking about it with generic liners.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Yall realize he is talking to the media right...not the player, not the player's family.. .not event the team. Good lord its like yall think people dont change how they talk given the circumstances. Can you imagine if the only thing a coach ever said to anyway was the generic post game comments? Get a grip on reality.
fan
One Star Recruit

Post by fan »

mattc94 wrote:Something questioning whether Altman cares for his players... I have now lived to hear it all. :roll:
Please see the posts made after the original. They are referred to as a clarification. MY POINT WAS AND IS COACH ALTMAN IS NOT CONCERNED SO MUCH WITH THE INJURY BECAUSE HE DOESN'T SEE HIM AS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE PLAN... I DISAGREE WITH THAT ASSESSMENT. I ALSO GET WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT LIMITED TIME TO ASK AND SPEAKING TO THE MEDIA BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORDED DIFFERENTLY SUCH AS "JUST HOPEFUL HE IS OK... HAVEN'T CHECKED YET...ETC"

Just struck a nerve and I am sure kid's like him and he cares about them. Didn't realize so many of the coach's relatives were on this board LOL!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just drop it already. You've basically made a mountain out of a molehill based on that one comment. It's all you've talked about since getting on here. Find something else to talk about.