Bol Bol in walking boot

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Bol Bol in walking boot

Post by greenyellow »

Everythingsducky wrote:Could be the shortest college career ever for a one and done.
Nothing beats Michael Porter Jr at Mizzou, where he played all of about 5-6 games due to a back injury yet became a lottery pick in the NBA Draft.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Everythingsducky wrote:Could be the shortest college career ever for a one and done.
The sad part is, IMHO, the kid is nowhere near ready to go one on one with the big boys in the league. Best possible thing for him would be another year in college,weights and conditioning and most of all experience.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

nogerO wrote:
The sad part is, IMHO, the kid is nowhere near ready to go one on one with the big boys in the league. Best possible thing for him would be another year in college,weights and conditioning and most of all experience.
I think he is ready right now. I agree with you, that he is going to have some issues and will probably get abused a llittle on defense and rebounding because he is rail thin, but he is a matchup nightmare when he is on offense.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'd say at this point, I don't think Lou King is a surefire one-and-done.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

northbeachsf wrote:
nogerO wrote:
I think he is ready right now. I agree with you, that he is going to have some issues and will probably get abused a llittle on defense and rebounding because he is rail thin, but he is a matchup nightmare when he is on offense.
Agreed.

College basketball "experience" is a joke compared to professional basketball training.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Boom wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Agreed.

College basketball "experience" is a joke compared to professional basketball training.
I don't agree, being a benchwarmer in the NBA isn't that helpful. If you're actually getting coached up and playing minutes in the NBA, sure, better to be there than in college, but if you're riding the pine? Much better to have someone like Altman actually paying attention to you.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Tray Dub wrote:
Boom wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Agreed.

I don't agree, being a benchwarmer in the NBA isn't that helpful. If you're actually getting coached up and playing minutes in the NBA, sure, better to be there than in college, but if you're riding the pine? Much better to have someone like Altman actually paying attention to you.
Not really. He would be getting extremely valuable professional minutes. Plus training full time and making money. Look at how much Collins from the Blazers has improved in one year.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phenom wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
Boom wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Agreed.

Not really. He would be getting extremely valuable professional minutes. Plus training full time and making money. Look at how much Collins from the Blazers has improved in one year.
Going to stand by my original thought, the big dudes would beat him down bad real quick. He wouldn’t get but a few minutes a game and what would it do to his confidence?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, well your takes are bad so...