Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon @ Baylor (Friday 4 PM ESPN2)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

DEC 21 (FRI) 4:00 PM PT
@ BAYLOR (WACO, TX)
TV: ESPN2

Gonna be a tough one, especially without Bol.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Baylor (Friday 4 PM ESPN2)

Post by Duck07 »

Didn't Baylor just lose last night or something to an inferior squad? I think we're going to thrive under the excitement of the new arena and play some good defense and Bailey will have a big night.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

My Church’s Christmas service is going on during the game, and my pastor claims to be a big duck fan! Lies and blasphemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

this is a huge game. a 4th non-con loss (with another road game still to play @ boise) could be a death sentence to our Tournament hopes, because this doesn't look like an oregon team capable of going 12-6 in conference play... because the pac-12 is so bad right now i'm not sure 10-8 or 11-7 + four or five non-con losses will cut it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

oregontrack wrote:this is a huge game. a 4th non-con loss (with another road game still to play @ boise) could be a death sentence to our Tournament hopes, because this doesn't look like an oregon team capable of going 12-6 in conference play... because the pac-12 is so bad right now i'm not sure 10-8 or 11-7 + four or five non-con losses will cut it.
Very true, and I agree overall, but with the condition of the conference being so poor, 12-6 could be possible, but devalued. The conference champion could end up being the only bid. The non-con victory of note by a Pac-12 team is ASU's win over #16 Mississippi State. Some luster fell off ASU's hot start by losing to Vanderbilt, 81-65.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Merganzer wrote:
oregontrack wrote:this is a huge game. a 4th non-con loss (with another road game still to play @ boise) could be a death sentence to our Tournament hopes, because this doesn't look like an oregon team capable of going 12-6 in conference play... because the pac-12 is so bad right now i'm not sure 10-8 or 11-7 + four or five non-con losses will cut it.
Very true, and I agree overall, but with the condition of the conference being so poor, 12-6 could be possible, but devalued. The conference champion could end up being the only bid. The non-con victory of note by a Pac-12 team is ASU's win over #16 Mississippi State. Some luster fell off ASU's hot start by losing to Vanderbilt, 81-65.
Yup agree. If we lose to Baylor, it's not so crazy to say we will likely have to win the Pac-12 tournament to get into the tournament.

Of course, Oregon could go 14-4 in the pac-12 with Bol Bol and King having monster years. But probably not happening, especially if one of them isn't healthy. :lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

So, hypothetically, with the addition of Bol and King, the Ducks miss the tournament, and both leave...The team never improved. Other than some name recognition, nothing gained. Ducks aren’t strong enough collectively. Great to have them both, but this may be a very bad year for a couple of one-and-done’s to actually make an impact, and help the Ducks. Crazy that they may be as bad as last year.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Injuries can make any year a bad year. Even Kentucky had an NIT year due to them.

Obviously, there's been some issues with developing players and transfers not helping as much the last 2 seasons, but hard to count on Lou and Bol both being injured for significant periods of time.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This has been a pathetic display of offense by Oregon. It’s literally embarrassing.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Our wings play so damn slow and so far outside the perimeter. I’m gonna blame Altman for these early season struggles on offense, clearly it’s been exposed.

northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Wow. I have not seen a performance this bad since 1991 / 1992.
This team is TERRIBLE without Bol.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

This team has no heart. I'm going to stick to watching Graves team this year. I love Altman's teams but these guys learn nothing.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I hope they have a lot of orange slices for this team at half.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If Baylor plays like that in the 2nd half and we can raise our game to the level of piss poor, we can win this game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Wooten seems to a step or so slow on his rotations tonight as I've counted at least 3 possessions in the 2nd half where his man his slipped open in the low post for a dunk or layin.