NCAA
23%

Total votes: 22
nogerO
Senior

Do the Duck men go to a tournament?

Post by nogerO »

What do you think?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: Do the Duck men go to a tournament?

Post by northbeachsf »

I said this in another post as well. The PAC-12 is a one-bid conference now. The conference as a whole has two wins over potential tournament teams and so many bad losses you can’t even count them. If ASU wins 14 or more games and wins the regular season title, then the PAC-12 could maybe sneak two in, if a different team wins the conference tourney. This is the worst non-conference stretch I have ever seen and that includes the year UW won the regular season title and didn’t make the field of 68.

The only chance Oregon has to make the field is to get healthy and run the table in the conference tourney. The conference as a whole is SO bad, that this actually seems like a legit poissibility. The defense is actually pretty decent most of the time. They just need to fix the offense and rebounding over the next two months. If anyone can make that happen, Altman can.

I am not giving up yet. However, I did vote for NIT because I think that is probably the most likely outcome.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I feel like I'd give us 3-1 odds we don't make it at this point. 25% chance we come on strong and start beating most of the teams in a lousy Pac 12, more likely we don't figure it out in time to salvage the season. Major disappointment given what we thought the ceiling was for this team at the beginning of the year.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

If it were to start now, no.
But knowing what we have, and the ceiling of the team/coach, we can win out a dog fight to get that one bid to go.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think its most likely that we end up in the NIT. We have a chance to win the P12 but I wouldn't say its very high.