Kigab Transferring

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Kigab Transferring

Post by Everythingsducky »

The future is what I am most worried about. Are they going to be able to even sign enough players to field a team next year? They most likely won’t have Bol or King (Wooten possibly), Pritchard, Amin and White graduate...Talk about the turn in fortune for this team. If the above transpires, next year could be too ugly to even watch. May take a couple years to recover.
fan
One Star Recruit

Post by fan »

Future is certainly uncertain. Combination of one and done players and bringing in grad transfers that don't really pan out. Last year McIntosh and Elijah Brown this year Amin and to a certain extent White sucking up minutes of younger players who need them to develop. Kigab caught up in this as has Bailey who is now flourishing due to injury and necessity. Oregon has to figure out who they are. Have become a recruiting powerhouse but no real pay off.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everythingsducky wrote:The future is what I am most worried about. Are they going to be able to even sign enough players to field a team next year? They most likely won’t have Bol or King (Wooten possibly), Pritchard, Amin and White graduate...Talk about the turn in fortune for this team. If the above transpires, next year could be too ugly to even watch. May take a couple years to recover.
Pritchard is only a JR.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

greenyellow wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:The future is what I am most worried about. Are they going to be able to even sign enough players to field a team next year? They most likely won’t have Bol or King (Wooten possibly), Pritchard, Amin and White graduate...Talk about the turn in fortune for this team. If the above transpires, next year could be too ugly to even watch. May take a couple years to recover.
Pritchard is only a JR.
Big bad on me. Even that doesn’t really lessen the blow. Then pretty much only if Wooten comes back, do they have a semblance of hope.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Who knows this may be a blessing, Altman has done well in the past with an 8 man rotation. Now he doesnt have to worry about minutes and can focus on coaching
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Lou King might come back for another year, unless he absolutely is set on being a one and done. He's no longer listed anywhere as being a first rounder and SI's latest mock speculates he may return to school based on being injured over the last year and wanting to boost his stock back into the first round.

Wooten is not listed in any mocks that I can find, but he may consider leaving, depending on the rest of his season and his injury scare this year.

I think what you're looking at is "worst case scenario".

Even if that happens, we still have:

Pritchard
Bailey Jr.
Norris
Okoro
Richardson

Incoming:
Walker
Duarte
Lawson

Duarte is a 20+ppg scorer at the same JuCo as Elgin Cook went to, shooting over 40% from 3 and 57% overall.

So that's 8 guys, 5 back with experience with what should be a ready to play JuCo guy. I'd assume we add at least 2 players in the late cycle or through transfers; probably 3.

Now I hope King and or Wooten do make the choice to return to school, but if they don't, we will still field a decent squad.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I can't see Wooten getting a position on an NBA team right now with his inability to shoot outside of 2 feet.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I hope the rest of this year goes surprisingly well, but it's going to be an uphill climb most likely without Wooten/Bol/Kigab. Who knows?

But looking forward, glass half full we could have next year:

1. Richardson
2. Pritchard
3. Duarte/Bailey JR.
4. King
5. Wooten

Bench:
Okoro, Norris, Bailey Jr./Duarte, Walker, Lawson, transfers/other freshmen.

That's absolutely a tournament team. (If these darn kids don't all transfer :evil: )
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like he's headed to Boise State: