Oregon State @ Oregon (Sat 5 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Sat 5 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Altman has been a great coach with us, but I think he could make some improvements to our strategy:

1) Our offense is a bit too free-flowing. I think that works when we have play-makers (see Final 4 team), but it is less effective when our guards are limited in they play-making abilities. I'd like to see a few more "plays" implemented to give us a few more open looks per game.

2) On a similar note, I don't think we do a very good job at all of adjusting to what the defense is showing. This is both a coaching and player problem, but I would say that this is the thing that I'm most frustrated with this year. We keep on doing the same thing expecting different results on offense. I'd actually say - and this may come as a shock to some - that Norris is the only player that adjusted his offensive appraoch based on what the defense was giving. Re-watch the tape and look how he finds ways to exploit the zone the Beavs were playing against us. Good job dude! The rest of the players kind of fall into the same rut of perimeter passing with no purposes.

3) Lastly, I see some areas where certain players should be improving but they are not. Is this the coaches not properly communicating to players or is this players not adjusting their game based on advice from coaches?

Here are some examples to explain what I mean:
-Pritchard: his is playing extremely tentatively this year (more than any year before BY FAR). He will drive half-way to the basket and stop. He does this far too often. I'm not sure where this is coming from because he used to attack the basket a lot more aggressively. He does the same thing with his jump-shot. Numerous times he has created space for a jump-shot but doesn't take.....Pritchard is talented, but he is not adjusting his game to be more aggressive. Why not?
-Richardson: similar to Pritchard except his is even a BETTER finisher at the rim (and in my opinion, he is the best on the team).... but he is even more tentative than Pritchard....I see no improvement in his aggressive the whole season. Why not?
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Sat 5 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by shoparound »

I think Tres Tinkle has a win over us every season he has played. Despite always being in the inferior team.
I wish someone in our team would step up :roll: