WBB #19 ASU @ #5 Oregon Fri. 6:00 (Pac-12N)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

WBB #19 ASU @ #5 Oregon Fri. 6:00 (Pac-12N)

Post by Merganzer »

Go Ducks, ASU is #16 in Coaches Poll.
nogerO
Senior

Re: WBB #19 ASU @ #5 Oregon Fri. 6:00 (Pac-12N)

Post by nogerO »

Merganzer wrote:Go Ducks, ASU is #16 in Coaches Poll.
Hope the ladies can continue to pay attention at the defensive end and Satou continues to crash the boards. When they play defense they are tough to beat! Go DUCKS!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Wow CLOSE GAME. 1 Pt game when it was 2 or 3 mins left
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Ionescu hits free throws down the stretch, Oregon 77-71.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

shoparound wrote:Wow CLOSE GAME. 1 Pt game when it was 2 or 3 mins left
They were better than I thought. The right kind of scrappy that can get you alot of close losses to top teams...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Yeah, ASU is definitely a solid team. Sabally played hard (which is the most important thing long term), but couldn't get much to actually go in the hoop (2-10 from the floor). Boley didn't have a very good game. It would be nice if we had more of an offensive spark off the bench, like ASU had. The Ducks couldn't ever really clamp down on them defensively to turn it into a more comfortable win, but they did enough.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

gogreen55 wrote:Yeah, ASU is definitely a solid team. Sabally played hard (which is the most important thing long term), but couldn't get much to actually go in the hoop (2-10 from the floor). Boley didn't have a very good game. It would be nice if we had more of an offensive spark off the bench, like ASU had. The Ducks couldn't ever really clamp down on them defensively to turn it into a more comfortable win, but they did enough.
Taylor Chavez needs be aggressive and take charge when she comes it. She plays unselfish and doesnt detract from anyone, but she looks like a wicked talented scorer when she wants to be...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

bigsugarduck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:Yeah, ASU is definitely a solid team. Sabally played hard (which is the most important thing long term), but couldn't get much to actually go in the hoop (2-10 from the floor). Boley didn't have a very good game. It would be nice if we had more of an offensive spark off the bench, like ASU had. The Ducks couldn't ever really clamp down on them defensively to turn it into a more comfortable win, but they did enough.
Taylor Chavez needs be aggressive and take charge when she comes it. She plays unselfish and doesnt detract from anyone, but she looks like a wicked talented scorer when she wants to be...
To me, it looks like she defers way too often to the older players, especially Ionescu, Boley, and Cazorla.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

greenyellow wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:
To me, it looks like she defers way too often to the older players, especially Ionescu, Boley, and Cazorla.
She’s a 17-18 year old freshman stepping onto a elite 8 team. I think deferring to the returning players is smart and necessary, unless you are star quality like Ionescu. Chavez shows glimpses of being a pretty solid player, but fitting in and working her way into a more prominent role as the season goes on was the way to go in her case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk