WBB #3 Oregon @ # 11 Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ # 11 Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks up by 30 after 3 quarters. Can't believe they're just absolutely demolishing a top-15 team like this.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Really strong all-around performance to this point. Sabrina is on the doorstep of another triple double.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This kind of performance is what we need going into the Civil War at home on Friday and then in Corvallis on Monday. We'll have a 2-game lead over the beavs going into it so a sweep would all but give us the #1 seed.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Unless they put Sabrina in garbage time, it looks like she's going to come up just short of a triple-double.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Totally saw a 40 point win coming into this game. Damn. Glad I watched this and not the blazers game.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

And the game wasn’t even as close as the margin looks.
Completely outclassed Stanford, which was amazing to see.
They will need to put up this kind of game vs the beavs x2. Those ladies will sell their souls to beat the ducks.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The post game comments by the analysts was very enjoyable, paraphrasing a bit: "Oregon is impossible to guard, if you sag, they kill you with 3's, if you guard against 3's, the inside will kill you. Hebard is shooting 70% from the field, but she can't be double teamed. All Boley does is stand around waiting for her shot, and if somebody is guarding her, then that's all they can do." On and on about what Oregon's offense does to the other team, and that wasn't even talking about how well Oregon played defense.
Last edited by Merganzer on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I don’t know who the older gentleman was on the pre, half and post show but he was really talking up Stanford until halftime :lol: That was a very good team the ladies absolutely dismantled. Would have been another 100 point game with some unbiased officiating. I sure hope we get “real” Refs in the Pac-12 tourney but probably stuck with these glorified high school refs we get all season. This really has to change as these women can really play and deserve better officials. Anyway so proud and impressed. I think we’ll sweep OS ewe next weekend. Go Ducks!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

nogerO wrote:I don’t know who the older gentleman was on the pre, half and post show but he was really talking up Stanford until halftime :lol: That was a very good team the ladies absolutely dismantled. Would have been another 100 point game with some unbiased officiating. I sure hope we get “real” Refs in the Pac-12 tourney but probably stuck with these glorified high school refs we get all season. This really has to change as these women can really play and deserve better officials. Anyway so proud and impressed. I think we’ll sweep OS ewe next weekend. Go Ducks!!!
Yeah, he thought the pace was how Stanford wanted it!!
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Merganzer wrote:
nogerO wrote:I don’t know who the older gentleman was on the pre, half and post show but he was really talking up Stanford until halftime :lol: That was a very good team the ladies absolutely dismantled. Would have been another 100 point game with some unbiased officiating. I sure hope we get “real” Refs in the Pac-12 tourney but probably stuck with these glorified high school refs we get all season. This really has to change as these women can really play and deserve better officials. Anyway so proud and impressed. I think we’ll sweep OS ewe next weekend. Go Ducks!!!
PAC officials are not a high point for the league. Why is that? ruthie gets hammered underneath often.

Sure, being down by 24 is a great place at half.

I have been bad sick since the dark morning, awoke awhile ago to discover these two pages of joy. Man I wish I could havve somehow seen the game. Hope there is a replay somewhere. This team is remarkable. HOpe the men do well tonight.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

rockthief wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
PAC officials are not a high point for the league. Why is that? ruthie gets hammered underneath often.

Sure, being down by 24 is a great place at half.

I have been bad sick since the dark morning, awoke awhile ago to discover these two pages of joy. Man I wish I could havve somehow seen the game. Hope there is a replay somewhere. This team is remarkable. HOpe the men do well tonight.
So far, the replay is Tuesday night, 7:00 on Pac-12 Oregon.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

All things considered, is this the most impressive victory by an Oregon basketball team ever (men or women)? On the road, facing the #11 team in the country, led by a Hall of Fame coach. Underscoring how difficult it is to win at Maples Pavilion, the Oregon women have lost 29 straight times there. It is a must win for Stanford in terms of having a chance to win the conference. They are playing well lately, having just blown out a top 10 team on their home court. The Oregon women walk in there and win by 40, giving VanDerveer her worst home defeat ever?!? I know the Oregon men have squeaked out a couple home games against #1 ranked teams, but all things considered, I'm not sure anything is more impressive than what the Oregon women did today.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

@maxduck and @Merganzer thank you for the links. CHeers!
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

gogreen55 wrote:All things considered, is this the most impressive victory by an Oregon basketball team ever (men or women)? On the road, facing the #11 team in the country, led by a Hall of Fame coach. Underscoring how difficult it is to win at Maples Pavilion, the Oregon women have lost 29 straight times there. It is a must win for Stanford in terms of having a chance to win the conference. They are playing well lately, having just blown out a top 10 team on their home court. The Oregon women walk in there and win by 40, giving VanDerveer her worst home defeat ever?!? I know the Oregon men have squeaked out a couple home games against #1 ranked teams, but all things considered, I'm not sure anything is more impressive than what the Oregon women did today.
Sure.... 8-)

If Oregon brings their A game, they are going to shred through the NCAAs, doesnt matter who they play....They wont be, but they should be ranked #1 after this game.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."