WBB #3 Oregon @ # 11 Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ # 11 Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:All things considered, is this the most impressive victory by an Oregon basketball team ever (men or women)? On the road, facing the #11 team in the country, led by a Hall of Fame coach. Underscoring how difficult it is to win at Maples Pavilion, the Oregon women have lost 29 straight times there. It is a must win for Stanford in terms of having a chance to win the conference. They are playing well lately, having just blown out a top 10 team on their home court. The Oregon women walk in there and win by 40, giving VanDerveer her worst home defeat ever?!? I know the Oregon men have squeaked out a couple home games against #1 ranked teams, but all things considered, I'm not sure anything is more impressive than what the Oregon women did today.
Sure.... 8-)

If Oregon brings their A game, they are going to shred through the NCAAs, doesnt matter who they play....They wont be, but they should be ranked #1 after this game.
They might not be #1 in the poll, but they could be the #1 Seed that will be revealed tomorrow night. About how impressive the win. Just like the Rose Bowl win over FSU, "this one could have gone either way...." the Ducks dominated Stanford on both ends of the court; I don't want to raise the ire of any NBA fans, but the Ducks are playing like the Warriors..
nogerO
Senior

Re: WBB #3 Oregon @ # 11 Stanford, Sunday, 1:00 (ESPN2)

Post by nogerO »

Merganzer wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:All things considered, is this the most impressive victory by an Oregon basketball team ever (men or women)? On the road, facing the #11 team in the country, led by a Hall of Fame coach. Underscoring how difficult it is to win at Maples Pavilion, the Oregon women have lost 29 straight times there. It is a must win for Stanford in terms of having a chance to win the conference. They are playing well lately, having just blown out a top 10 team on their home court. The Oregon women walk in there and win by 40, giving VanDerveer her worst home defeat ever?!? I know the Oregon men have squeaked out a couple home games against #1 ranked teams, but all things considered, I'm not sure anything is more impressive than what the Oregon women did today.
Sure.... 8-)

If Oregon brings their A game, they are going to shred through the NCAAs, doesnt matter who they play....They wont be, but they should be ranked #1 after this game.
They might not be #1 in the poll, but they could be the #1 Seed that will be revealed tomorrow night. About how impressive the win. Just like the Rose Bowl win over FSU, "this one could have gone either way...." the Ducks dominated Stanford on both ends of the court; I don't want to raise the ire of any NBA fans, but the Ducks are playing like the Warriors..
Landers sure changed his tune after seeing the Ducks blow out 'furd. Before the game, he was "I really like Stanford." This was the best I've seen Oregon play for a long time. Very impressive...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine