WBB: #2 Oregon @ #12 Oregon State (Mon 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB: #2 Oregon @ #12 Oregon State (Mon 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

oregontrack wrote:officiating was fine.

osu can probably defend us better than anyone else in the country (at least until we get to the elite teams). we run so much through ruthy and they're blessed with a 6'8 post and a 6'7 sub. they've got good perimeter defenders that can focus on containing our shooters w/o having to worry about ruthy absolutely destroying them down low. then you take ruthy out of the mix, and obviously they're able to lock down further. rueck has built himself a hell of a program.

loved the fight to get back into the game. hope for the best diagnosis on ruthy's knee, we might need her to beat ASU on the road and clamp down on that #1 seed.
Agree with all this. OSU played great perimeter defense, relying on those posts if they got driven by. Solid defensive execution and strategy. In a rematch, I'd like to see them get Sabou isolated on their center and bring their posts out a bit to defend her like they did in the third quarter. If they did that from the start I'm betting she'd exhaust or foul the big girl out.

Really some solid defensive plays by both teams.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I expected a split this weekend so I'm not too disappointed. The Beavers are a really good team so it's not a bad loss by any stretch. Might even help re-focus the girls and get the losing taste out of their system.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I expected a split this weekend so I'm not too disappointed. The Beavers are a really good team so it's not a bad loss by any stretch. Might even help re-focus the girls and get the losing taste out of their system.
This. I was expecting a split home and home going in. The beavers very well could be the best team we play all season, especially when you play them twice in such a short span.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)