WBB: #2 Oregon @ #12 Oregon State (Mon 6 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: #2 Oregon @ #12 Oregon State (Mon 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

FEB 18 (MON) 6:00 PM PT
OREGON STATE
CORVALLIS, OR
TV: ESPN2
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: WBB: #3 Oregon @ #9 Oregon State (Mon 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by bigsugarduck »

Going to be a good one! If OSU eats up the middle and forces a few off nights from starters like last week this could be a loss for the Ducks.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Got the popcorn machine warming up. Could be a barn burner. Hmmm, maybe I should move the popcorn machine out of the barn.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The Beavers want this one bad. The last game on the road for the Ducks wasn't tough, 40 point win at Stanford, the Beavers are much better, poll numbers notwithstanding. In the first game against the Beavers the Ducks scored 77, Ionescu, 29, Hebard, 21, Sabally, 18, 68 of them. Could definitely use some more from, Cazorla, 0-7, Boley, 1-2, from the field.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

You know in the past I would be afraid of this game but after watching the ladies play this year, they'll find a way, someone or ones will step up and get the job done. Pretty confident for some odd reason, that we will win again.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

nogerO wrote:You know in the past I would be afraid of this game but after watching the ladies play this year, they'll find a way, someone or ones will step up and get the job done. Pretty confident for some odd reason, that we will win again.
I agree. Ionescu definitely has that, "won't allow her team to lose" look, I also find it hard to imagine Boley & Cazorla not having better games. I also just can't see the Ducks going on scoring droughts that other teams can't avoid; along with Oregon's D, which has really picked up.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Merganzer wrote:
nogerO wrote:You know in the past I would be afraid of this game but after watching the ladies play this year, they'll find a way, someone or ones will step up and get the job done. Pretty confident for some odd reason, that we will win again.
I agree. Ionescu definitely has that, "won't allow her team to lose" look, I also find it hard to imagine Boley & Cazorla not having better games. I also just can't see the Ducks going on scoring droughts that other teams can't avoid; along with Oregon's D, which has really picked up.
I don't care for the Pac-12 announcers but one of them had a great line in the Friday game, after Sab had answered a 3 pointer by Destiny with one of her own from farther out-"I'm Sabrina Ionescu and you're not!"
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://bennyshouse.freeforums.net/thre ... -re-doomed
Hate to be mr downer but we’re doomed

According to WBB twitter OSU is wearing pink uniforms tonight. Just like we did in our loss to ASU. Our only home loss of the season.

I just don’t get it. I hope they reconsider this choice. It’s not too late to get it fixed.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Ducks up to #2 in the country this week after Louisville's loss.
Greenblood
Senior

Re: WBB: #2 Oregon @ #12 Oregon State (Mon 6 PM ESPN2)

Post by Greenblood »

I could see the Ducks winning decisively and I could also see the Beavers getting some revenge tonight. Just seems like the lady Beavs refuse to easily let the Ducks gain dominance in the state.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Looks like the Beavers have the refs in their back pocket plus they can’t miss. If the refs start to call a fair game the ducks should be fine once the Beavs cool down.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

It's gonna be a battle, down by five right now
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Looks like the Beavers have the refs in their back pocket plus they can’t miss. If the refs start to call a fair game the ducks should be fine once the Beavs cool down.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Way too many possessions where Sabrina doesn’t touch the ball.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well if you thought the 1st Quarter was going bad for us, the 2nd has been ugh.