Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ USC (Thu 6 PM ESPN)

Post by shoparound »

Guys we're only looking this bad because we dont have bol bol bol
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

What about questioning Altman’s assistants? We question football assistant coaches all the time - why not basketball? Because their roles aren’t as clearly defined as in football?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Yes I think Altman's seat should heat up next season if this continues, Mullens has an accounting background, all he cares about is money which was why he was hired. If the team continues like this then they won't be making the money that they should be and that'll greatly upset Mullens.

And yes, I agree the assistants need to be evaluated, it's like nobody is teaching the guards as they just have regressed, and not just a little too, like a lot. At first Richardson showed promise but now he looks scared and lost and has no idea how to be at least a decent player against crappy Pac-12 opponents. But, like we saw with Helf, hiring and retaining poor assistants can be a downfall for a head coach. While I will continue to say that the defense sucking wasn't all because of Pellum and Hoke, and also cause of Helf, Helf did himself no favors hiring those guys. So if Altman is hiring and retaining crappy assistants, that's on him.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

northbeachsf wrote:This could get ugly real fast if King can't go. We might be lucky to score 50.
BAM! Wait...did King play? Yikes.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

This has to be the most frustrating, painful team to watch in a long time. They are boring, can’t throw it in the ocean, nothing at all to hang their hats on. There are absolutely zero redeeming qualities, or any players that have remote consistency. It is a serious issue to know 2 hours spent watching them, is two hours completely wasted. Zero sexiness in anything about their game. Think I’m done wasting those 4 hours per week.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

In all seriousness, you can sometimes tell preseason how a team will do. The losses with Bol Bol were very concerning and without him, this team is just not, NOT able to compete. No matter how special people here keep saying they are and we still shouldn't quit on them.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Got to think if Altman doesn't turn things around next year then he will be on the hot seat. They've regressed to the point where you have to even question the coaching at this point.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Altman took Oregon to its first final 4 since 1939 and has never failed to win 20 games. Before that, our basketball program had been terrible save for basically 2 seasons under Ernie Kent and a handful more where we were decent under Jerry Green and Ernie.

Let's seriously pump the brakes on the ""hot seat" nonsense.

That doesn't mean they don't need to re-evaluate things with the Oregon program after 2 years not up to the standard that Altman has built. I think that starts with how they're evaluating/developing players and building teams.

Payton in particular has been driving me crazy this year with his regression. I hate how at the end of halves, we always start the play with like 8 seconds left and get some crappy shot with him. He needs to be starting it at like 12-13 seconds. Bad coaching or he's not listening.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly. Amazing how bad our offense is.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13