Status on Hebard

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Status on Hebard

Post by Merganzer »

This is what is known so far: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... l-war.html

“Don’t know, doesn’t look good,” Oregon coach Kelly Graves said. “But we’ve got a lot of season left to play for and obviously we were good enough to have a chance to get it done without her. We’ll see.”

Asked if there was any indication of structural or ligament damage to Hebard, who had eight points and four rebounds before the injury and went through warmups before the second half, Graves was unable to say.
“She didn’t look all that good,” he said. “When she’s not walking healthy then to me – I don’t know the severity.”
It’s hard to overstate the impact to Oregon’s postseason hopes if Hebard is out for a prolonged period of time. She entered Monday’s game averaging 16.8 points and 9.1 rebounds with 10 double-doubles this season and ranks second nationally in field-goal percentage (68.9).
“We’re going to pray," Graves said. "Hope that she is better. We have a great training staff but we have a short week so it’s a quick turnaround. In three days we’ve got UCLA coming in, they’ve won six of the last sevens so that’s not going to be any picnic. Hopefully she’ll be able to be better by then — I don’t know. The honest truth is I don’t know.”
Last edited by Merganzer on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Status on Hebard

Post by bigsugarduck »

Fingers crossed! :roll:
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Those quotes really don't sound encouraging. Hopefully Graves literally doesn't know and just gets nervous seeing his players walk gingerly, rather than just not being certain but hearing signs that it's something major. My big fear is ACL, since they can do a pretty good tentative diagnosis immediately of those from what I understand.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Looked like nothing more than an awkward stumble at the time with a real minor hyperextensio

Knees can be really tricky though. Even with Chris Boucher, he kept playing!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Considering she was out warming up coming out of half, that likely rules out an ACL tear since I doubt the trainer would have her out there with one. A poster on DT said he walked by the players after the game and Hebard didn't seem to wearing any kind of brace on the knee and heard her say it was just a sprain. If it's just minor, she'll hopefully just miss this weekend's games.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Some good news on the Hebard injury front:
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

greenyellow wrote:Some good news on the Hebard injury front:
That is GREAT news!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

phew

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Thank you Basketball Gods!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Merganzer wrote:Image
In what can only be described as a "Carlton move," the actor actually tried to get a copyright awarded to him for ^ and lost. :lol: