WBB: UCLA @ #2 Oregon Friday, 8:00 (Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

WBB: UCLA @ #2 Oregon Friday, 8:00 (Pac-12 Net)

Post by Merganzer »

UCLA 16-10 (9-5)
Oregon 24-2 (13-1)
Friday, 8:00 PM Pac-12 Network
Merganzer
Senior

Re: WBB: UCLA @ #2 Oregon Friday, 8:00 (Pac-12 Net)

Post by Merganzer »

The Bruins are better than are the Trojans, but my thinking on sitting Ruthy out unless she's in as good as shape as possible goes for this game as well. But for some uncharacteristic bad shooting the Ducks were in the game w/o Ruthy against Oregon State; should be able to compete just as well, at home, against the LA schools w/o Ruthy.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I don't think there is much of a question that Ruthy isn't going to play against the LA schools. She isn't even going to practice this week and Graves indicated that could stretch beyond this week as well.

Maite needs to get back on track. With how undersized we will be for most of the game, every player on the court needs to put extra effort and emphasis into battling for every rebound. This would be a good opportunity to get Boley some more touches that aren't strictly spot up 3's also. When she is matched up against a player her size or smaller, I would like to see her get a few post up opportunities. The few times the Ducks have given it to her in the post this year, she has been very effective.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

gogreen55 wrote:I don't think there is much of a question that Ruthy isn't going to play against the LA schools. She isn't even going to practice this week and Graves indicated that could stretch beyond this week as well.

Maite needs to get back on track. With how undersized we will be for most of the game, every player on the court needs to put extra effort and emphasis into battling for every rebound. This would be a good opportunity to get Boley some more touches that aren't strictly spot up 3's also. When she is matched up against a player her size or smaller, I would like to see her get a few post up opportunities. The few times the Ducks have given it to her in the post this year, she has been very effective.
Great points about Maite & Boley, in the last 3 games, Maite is 4-19 from the field. Satou picked her game up to start the season, but Boley has really lifted hers recently, both offensively & defensively. The commentator met it as a compliment when he said that all Boley had to do was stand at the 3 point line and shoot; she has done much more than that recenty.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

One of the things Oti does that Ruthy doesn’t is when she shows at the foul line she’s not afraid to shoot it from 15’. This will bring the opponents post up to cover her which will allow better spacing and drives to the hoop. Plus Oti is very capable of driving to the hoop from the foul line and drawing fouls. One thing that bothered me in the OSewe game was why did they let Destiny drive to her right all the time? That girl is more right-handed than me. Two games and no adjustment on that? And no help coming across the key to help stop the many layups she got ? I’m sure they will figure that out by watching game film. Go Ducks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

come on women, pick it up! what is going on here?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

outscored 11-3 fourth quarter and UCLA leads
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

crap defense
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

omg they need to pick it up SOON
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Boley only reason Ducks are in this

abysmal 3 point shooting
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

need a three to tie it.

damn
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Five point loss to a mediocre team. It's as though the men's energy infected the women. Ugly game tonight.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

sabrina is our best player but ruthy is our most important.

weird call on that final possession. that was one low percentage throw to sabally.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Strange indeed, 40-22, looking good, but the game started to go bad fast, a 12-0 run by UCLA at the end of the 2nd q through the start of the 3rd q. UCLA picked up its energy big time, and started hitting 3's.