21. ASU 18-8
25. UCLA 17-11
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: WBB Wk.17 Poll Oregon drops to #6

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I wonder if not having Hebard for the UCLA loss will factor into seeding.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

It should, she is almost a co-mvp with Sabrina, and Oregon is at a different level with her on the floor.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I wonder if not having Hebard for the UCLA loss will factor into seeding.

History says it should. When a team loses a significant player and her/his absence is noticeable in a loss, to OSU & UCLA, and noticeable, in her return in a win, USC, it is taken in to account.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

I dont think it will matter in the end. If Oregon wins out they should be a #1, but if for some reason they are a #2 it will be in the West. In that scenario, whoever is #1 having to play Oregon at home is going to be bummed out...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

So what is the minimum the women need to do in order to likely the enter the tournament no worse than a #2 seed? I haven't followed the women bracketology at all, so I have no idea.

If we sweep the Arizona schools, would be no worse than a #2 seed, even if we lost the first game in the Pac-12 tournament?

If we split against the Arizona schools and then lose the first game in the Pac-12 tournament, would that knock us below a #2 seed?

If we lose both games to the Arizona schools, would we then need to win the Pac-12 tournament to get back up to a #2 seed?
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

gogreen55 wrote:So what is the minimum the women need to do in order to likely the enter the tournament no worse than a #2 seed? I haven't followed the women bracketology at all, so I have no idea.

If we sweep the Arizona schools, would be no worse than a #2 seed, even if we lost the first game in the Pac-12 tournament?

If we split against the Arizona schools and then lose the first game in the Pac-12 tournament, would that knock us below a #2 seed?

If we lose both games to the Arizona schools, would we then need to win the Pac-12 tournament to get back up to a #2 seed?
A loss on the road trip would hurt. It would be 4 L's, and would definitely drop Oregon to the end of the 2 line. Get through Arizona, but lose in the first round, again, a #2 Seed.
Lose both games to Arizona & ASU, panic would ensue, as even winning the conference tournament would then have the Ducks a 3 at best.
Should Oregon sweep the rest of the season, and win the tournament, a 1 is very possible, but it would also involve, Baylor, UCONN, Notre Dame & Louisville. Get past Arizona & ASU, lose the championship game, probably a #2.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Biggest obstacle to the Portland regional really is just making sure we do better than Stanford and Oregon State.
At any point we lose, one of them will jump and grab the Pac-12 representation there and everything else is not guaranteed. Both Oregon St and UCLA losses really hurt more than they seem.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Remaining games: 6 Oregon @ Arizona, 6 Oregon @ 21 ASU
9 OSU @ 21 ASU, 9 OSU @ Arizona
7 Stanford @ WSU, 7 Stanford @ UW