End of season awards

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

End of season awards

Post by shoparound »

Clearly no one in the men's team will get anything.

But on the women's side, Sabrina should be POY.
Although according to the beaver board pivec is the better player if voting was more fair.
gogreen55
Senior

Re: End of season awards

Post by gogreen55 »

shoparound wrote:But on the women's side, Sabrina should be POY.
Although according to the beaver board pivec is the better player if voting was more fair.
Someone actually said this, without joking? Pivec isn't even the best player on her team. She is a role player that wouldn't even start on the Ducks.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

gogreen55 wrote:
Someone actually said this, without joking? Pivec isn't even the best player on her team. She is a role player that wouldn't even start on the Ducks.
Can't expect coherence in Beaver chatter, you're right about Pivec, of course their aren't any Beavers or actually from any other team, that would start for the Ducks. The Pac-12 Awards will be announced Tuesday night.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

not saying he'll win it, but king is very much in the running for freshman of the year.
ImageImageImageImageImage
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Merganzer wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
Can't expect coherence in Beaver chatter, you're right about Pivec, of course their aren't any Beavers or actually from any other team, that would start for the Ducks. The Pac-12 Awards will be announced Tuesday night.
Hey, as much as I love to pop off about what a joke it was for Destiny Slocom to get a freshman POY over SI, I gotta admit Pivec is probably a 3rd team Pac-12 performer. She's great and would love to have her on my team. Better than SI? Nu uHh...

I'm really curious about how the first, second, and third team play out. SI is first team clearly, and should be POY. Sabally and Hebard seem like second team-ish?. And possibly third team for Cazorla and Boley? Could they all make All Pac?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

is it a 10-player team? if so, sabrina, ruthy, and satou should all be 1st team.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

oregontrack wrote:is it a 10-player team? if so, sabrina, ruthy, and satou should all be 1st team.
I just looked it up and apparently its a 15 person 'First team" and a dozen or so "Honorable mention" :? Seems kind lazy like that....

In that case sabrina, ruthy, and satou are all first team....Cazorla was First team last year for what its worth, so maybe again this year..
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I know this isn't how the women do it, but if it were just a 5 player first team, this is how I would pick it.

Aari McDonald (Arizona)
Sabrina Ionescu (Oregon)
Satou Sabally (Oregon)
Kristine Anigwe (California)
Ruthy Hebard (Oregon)

Player of the Year: Sabrina Ionescu

Kristine Anigwe had an incredible season and has made a late charge for the POY award, but hopefully winning takes precedence over the statistical fireworks.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

gogreen55 wrote:I know this isn't how the women do it, but if it were just a 5 player first team, this is how I would pick it.

Aari McDonald (Arizona)
Sabrina Ionescu (Oregon)
Satou Sabally (Oregon)
Kristine Anigwe (California)
Ruthy Hebard (Oregon)

Player of the Year: Sabrina Ionescu

Kristine Anigwe had an incredible season and has made a late charge for the POY award, but hopefully winning takes precedence over the statistical fireworks.
Nothing to change on that team.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Sabrina, Ruthy, Maite, and Satou all 1st team, Boley HM, Chavez all-freshman HM.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
Hey, as much as I love to pop off about what a joke it was for Destiny Slocom to get a freshman POY over SI, I gotta admit Pivec is probably a 3rd team Pac-12 performer. She's great and would love to have her on my team. Better than SI? Nu uHh...

I'm really curious about how the first, second, and third team play out. SI is first team clearly, and should be POY. Sabally and Hebard seem like second team-ish?. And possibly third team for Cazorla and Boley? Could they all make All Pac?
I just have a hard time with Destiny Slocum on any all star team. Ball hog, dribble dribble dribble and very right-handed to boot. I laughed pretty hard when she had like 3 or 4 points the other night in a loss.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

https://goducks.com/news/2019/3/4/women ... ac-12.aspx
https://pac-12.com/article/2019/03/04/2 ... -announced

"In a vote of the league's coaches, Sabrina Ionescu, Ruthy Hebard, Satou Sabally and Maite Cazorla were each named all-Pac-12 for the 2018-19 season. Erin Boley, in her first season with the Ducks, was named honorable mention all-Pac-12."

DAMN! 4/15 All-Pac-12 players were Ducks. Quite telling from the other Coaches....Erin Boley will definitely make it on the list next year
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sabrina just won her 2nd straight Player of the Year award:
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »