WBB: #6 Oregon @ #21 Arizona State (SUN Noon Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: #6 Oregon @ #21 Arizona State (SUN Noon Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

MAR 3 (SUN) 12:00 PM PT
#6 Oregon @ #21 Arizona State
TV: Pac-12 Network
nogerO
Senior

Re: WBB: #6 Oregon @ #21 Arizona State (SUN Noon Pac-12 Netw

Post by nogerO »

You know this s*** is really getting old. Oregon is getting mugged and no call, while on the other end ticky tack touch fouls. Happens at home too. Almost like these job refs want to give the underdogs a chance to beat the superior team. I’m really sick of it. I’m surprised Graves hasn’t had an aneurism over this obvious bias week after week. Pac-12 women’s refs=amateurs.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Unbelievable, this might be the worst officiated game in terms of the foul calls. ASU is playing with as much contact as the refs are letting them and they have barely called any fouls. First foul was in the middle of the third.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Great win. Definitely facing some adversity, but the Ducks showed that they are one of the best teams in the country. For a bit, it looked like Sabrina was going to skip the assists and just take the shots, But I can't remember exactly the timing of it, she found Satou, and I thought it was like when MJ passed it to Kerr...You better make it! And she did. It was a great call when they reversed the charge call on Satou later.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Merganzer wrote:Great win. Definitely facing some adversity, but the Ducks showed that they are one of the best teams in the country. For a bit, it looked like Sabrina was going to skip the assists and just take the shots, But I can't remember exactly the timing of it, she found Satou, and I thought it was like when MJ passed it to Kerr...You better make it! And she did. It was a great call when they reversed the charge call on Satou later.
Satou involved in two game changing moments.
That pass was so sweet, and gave us some separation.
The reverse charge call kept us ahead instead of letting asu back in.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Definitely great to end the regular season on a high note. Thank goodness Sabally rediscovered her shooting touch. Hopefully Maite continues playing aggressive. After a couple off shooting games in a row, Boley will explode on someone in the Pac-12 tourney.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

call me crazy but i’m glad the officials let asu get aggressive (and they have all year — it’s nothing UO shouldn’t have been prepared for) because we need to be able to grind out games like this. getting bailed out by ticky tack calls benefits us in no way. whoever we meet in the second weekend of the ncaa tournament (and hopefully beyond) is going to D us up like that, too.

and asu is flat out good. they swept the beavs, nearly beat louisville and baylor, and played us better than any team could when we were at full strength — twice. (except for that game at michigan state i guess)
ImageImageImageImageImage
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

oregontrack wrote:call me crazy but i’m glad the officials let asu get aggressive (and they have all year — it’s nothing UO shouldn’t have been prepared for) because we need to be able to grind out games like this. getting bailed out by ticky tack calls benefits us in no way. whoever we meet in the second weekend of the ncaa tournament (and hopefully beyond) is going to D us up like that, too.

and asu is flat out good. they swept the beavs, nearly beat louisville and baylor, and played us better than any team could when we were at full strength — twice. (except for that game at michigan state i guess)
I don't mind the refs letting them play aggressive. I just want it called the same way at both ends consistently which seems to not happen when Oregon is playing anyone. I don't have time to look it up but I'd bet we've been called for way more fouls than our opponents. Anyway hopefully they get some real refs for the P12 in Vegas. Go Ducks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Season stats don't show total fouls but Oregon has made 359 of 463 free throws, their opponents are 248 of 338 attempts.