Oregon @ Washington State (WED 7 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon @ Washington State (WED 7 PM FS1)

Post by greenyellow »

MAR 6 (WED) 7:00 PM PT
Oregon @ Washington State
TV: FS1
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Oregon @ Washington State (WED 7 PM FS1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Gotttta win!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Gotttta win!
Good timing for this one: the last two games, the Cougars are -27.5, the Ducks are +27.0
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Gotttta win!
They've got to win this one riiiiiiiiiiight? But who knows.....the road has been generally horrible outside of the surprising Arizona win...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

we'll have no answer for robert franks. if we can limit cj elleby and our own offense shows up, i like our chances. i'm just never sure if we're going to have one of those shooting nights where it seems like it'd be easier to bend a spoon with your mind than for an open shooter to hit a three.

this is an ernie kent team so it'll be undisciplined, but ern always seems to go all out for these games so we'll see.
ImageImageImageImageImage
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Moooooove!
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Want to see if this team can maintain a good level of play. Winning against WSU and UW would really set the stage for a deep Pac-12 tournament run. But I don't know if that's possible with these guys.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

mattc94 wrote:Want to see if this team can maintain a good level of play. Winning against WSU and UW would really set the stage for a deep Pac-12 tournament run. But I don't know if that's possible with these guys.
Well if they win both games they'd sit a 10-8. Could that shake out to being a top 4 seed? I think there are a few scenarios where it would be...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

bigsugarduck wrote:
mattc94 wrote:Want to see if this team can maintain a good level of play. Winning against WSU and UW would really set the stage for a deep Pac-12 tournament run. But I don't know if that's possible with these guys.
Well if they win both games they'd sit a 10-8. Could that shake out to being a top 4 seed? I think there are a few scenarios where it would be...
I think so. We are on the wrong side of most tie breakers. So if my math is correct....
Oregon would have to win both games against the Washington schools.
OSU would have to drop both games to the Washington schools
UCLA would have to drop both games to the mountain schools
Utah needs to win out and
USC beats Colorado.

Result:
UW is the 1 seed
ASU is the 2 seed
Utah is the 3 seed
Oregon gets the 4 seed with 10 wins
UCLA, USC, Colorado, and OSU all finish with 9 wins.

Alternatively if UCLA wins out and Utah drops both, we may own the tie break with Utah, so that might be the other option.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

northbeachsf wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:
I think so. We are on the wrong side of most tie breakers. So if my math is correct....
OSU would have to drop both games to the Washington schools
USC beats Colorado.

Result:
UW is the 1 seed
ASU is the 2 seed
Utah is the 3 seed

Alternatively if UCLA wins out and Utah drops both, we may own the tie break with Utah, so that might be the other option.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

northbeachsf wrote: I think so. We are on the wrong side of most tie breakers. So if my math is correct....
DONE DEAL... :D
OSU would have to drop both games to the WA schools
Losers of past 2 (at home), and 3/4. Loss to UW. Senior Night for WSU? toss up. DECENT CHANCE
Only road victories are CAL (awful), WSU(bad) and Oregon (lucky :cry:). GOOD CHANCE
Won both games in LA, Should win at home right? GOOD CHANCE
USC beats Colorado
CO beat USC on road :?, so they likley have this one at home LOW CHANCE

Result:
UW is the 1 seed
ASU is the 2 seed
Utah is the 3 seed

THIS ONE FEELS SUPER UNLIKELY
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i just want the 20-win streak to continue, and i don't trust reports that we're likely 'in' the NIT right now, so hoping for a split this weekend and then winning at least two games in vegas. i don't think that's too much of an ask, but with this team...
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:i just want the 20-win streak to continue, and i don't trust reports that we're likely 'in' the NIT right now, so hoping for a split this weekend and then winning at least two games in vegas. i don't think that's too much of an ask, but with this team...
This. 20 win season is all I really care about.

And we aren't getting that 4th seed. Too many things need to happen. Just hope we get a good matchup in the first round of the Pac-12.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oddly quiet night for King but Oregon getting some good bench production, especially from Bailey, who's 4-5 from 3-point range.