WBB Championship #2 Stanford vs #1 Oregon Sunday 5:00 ESPN2

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

WBB Championship #2 Stanford vs #1 Oregon Sunday 5:00 ESPN2

Post by Merganzer »

Last two games: 2017-18 Championship Oregon 77-57, this season @ Stanford, Oregon 88 Stanford 48
gogreen55
Senior

Re: WBB Championship #2 Stanford vs #1 Oregon Sunday 5:00 ES

Post by gogreen55 »

Hopefully the ladies have the energy to finish this off. From a pure athleticism standpoint, I think UCLA was the toughest team in the tournament for the Ducks to match up with. How much of a toll did that hard fought victory take?
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

gogreen55 wrote:Hopefully the ladies have the energy to finish this off. From a pure athleticism standpoint, I think UCLA was the toughest team in the tournament for the Ducks to match up with. How much of a toll did that hard fought victory take?
Very interested in how this one shakes out...If Oregon plays to their potential they win no matter what Stanford does. Could they really smash the Trees again? Dropping 40 on a top 10 team takes 2 things: a team savage enough to do it, and a shell-shocked team that gives up...If it happens once, it could happen again, but its probably going to be much closer...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

This game is interesting on so many levels. The Ducks very much want the Back to back sweeps of Reg. Season & Conf. Championships, Stanford obviously would like the Conf. Championship, and as a player said on an interview last night, "We're way better than we showed against Oregon".
Which game last night was better prep for tonight? Stanford really didn't have to work at all, pretty much double digit lead all night, ut still couldn't really put Uw away. While we saw what the Ducks had to do against, I agree with, bigsugarduck, the most athletic, physical, team in the conference. With equal rest time, I'll take the run that Oregon is on.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well if Stanford can't play defense on the perimeter with the speed that the Bruins did, our shooters are going to see a lot more free/open looks then they did from the 2Q on last night.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

No even a single day of rest which is insane.

We are down to seven and a half players. Can they sustain all of there remarkable energy?
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

rockthief wrote:No even a single day of rest which is insane.

We are down to seven and a half players. Can they sustain all of there remarkable energy?
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... ament.html

Q. Maite, we know that you’ve been under the weather, and you were able to play 45 minutes today. When you felt your worst earlier in the week with the flu until now, just tell me what you’ve been through and what made you be able to push through today?

MAITE CAZORLA: I mean, on Monday and Tuesday I was literally laying in bed. Couldn’t hang out with anybody. I was in my bed. Didn’t go outside at all. But now I definitely feel better. Obviously I’m still tired, but I definitely feel way better than how I felt before the week.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

It would be interesting to see the P12 move to 4 games over 5 days instead of 4 in 4 and after the first 2 days have a rest/media day.

Or you know, maybe just kick the bottom turd out of the tournament for failing to qualify and then it's simply 3 games in 3 days with the Top 8 teams. What's the lowest seeded tournament champion as it is?
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Duck07 wrote:

It would be interesting to see the P12 move to 4 games over 5 days instead of 4 in 4 and after the first 2 days have a rest/media day.

Or you know, maybe just kick the bottom turd out of the tournament for failing to qualify and then it's simply 3 games in 3 days with the Top 8 teams. What's the lowest seeded tournament champion as it is?
Hmm...It is a somewhat absurd scenario. It is determining the best team in a way that gives an advantage to teams with deep benches. At no other point during the year are games played back to back nights, let alone back to back to back nights...Other elements, like game/team preparation go out the window too...It is fun no doubt but very flawed...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Duck07 wrote:

There you go. Colorado, Washington, and Washington State and USC have no business playing. It's ridiculous at best and yes absurd. When one of those teams somehow wins it really tears things up. Ionescu said she was tired. Hope they all slept long and deeply.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

What happened to Sabrina?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

OregonFan4Life wrote:What happened to Sabrina?
it's bad like 4 0f 22
We need her points to win this
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Yep these are definitely Pac-12 refs.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rockthief wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:What happened to Sabrina?
it's bad like 4 0f 22
We need her points to win this
She looks tired. Teammates will need to step up again, she’ll be back to normal in the NCAA tournament but she looks tired so far.