R2: #3 Utah vs #6 Oregon (Thursday 8:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

R2: #3 Utah vs #6 Oregon (Thursday 8:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by greenyellow »

#3 Utah vs. #6 Oregon 8:30 Thursday (Pac-12 Net)

Oregon 1-0 vs Utah this season
W 78-72 @ Utah
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: R2: #3 Utah vs #6 Oregon (Thursday 8:30 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by Tray Dub »

Here's what the Associated Press has to say about this game:
Utah has been fueled by senior leadership this year while Oregon has relied on freshmen. Seniors Sedrick Barefield, Timmy Allen, Jayce Johnson and Parker Van Dyke have collectively accounted for 57 percent of Utah’s scoring this season. On the other side, freshmen Payton Pritchard, Louis King and Bol Bol have scored 39 percent of the team’s points this year and 53 percent of all Ducks points over their last five.
Sure hope we can rely on Bol Bol and freshman Payton tonight.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:Here's what the Associated Press has to say about this game:
Utah has been fueled by senior leadership this year while Oregon has relied on freshmen. Seniors Sedrick Barefield, Timmy Allen, Jayce Johnson and Parker Van Dyke have collectively accounted for 57 percent of Utah’s scoring this season. On the other side, freshmen Payton Pritchard, Louis King and Bol Bol have scored 39 percent of the team’s points this year and 53 percent of all Ducks points over their last five.
Haha, oh boy...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Tray Dub wrote:Here's what the Associated Press has to say about this game:
If only I could be as diligent and thorough as this guy on my job. :roll: :lol: :o
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Looking at the results since 2010, Oregon/Dana Altman is 14 -2 against UTAH/Krystkowiak....My recollection was that Dana had Utah's #, but this is even more one sided than I thought....

What are the chances Oregon does NOT win the game tonight?!?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I like Oregon's chances, but Utah is a team that can simply have a hot shooting night and beat us, because we won't be able to keep up with them scoring if they do that.

KenPom has us at 68% win and I think that's probably pretty accurate, maybe 70% given our recent improvements on defense.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Anybody have a stream for the game? I've been using OKliveTV (http://oklivetv.com/pac-12-network-live/) but for the last couple days I get a message the source is offline.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrantDuck wrote:I like Oregon's chances, but Utah is a team that can simply have a hot shooting night and beat us, because we won't be able to keep up with them scoring if they do that.

KenPom has us at 68% win and I think that's probably pretty accurate, maybe 70% given our recent improvements on defense.
ESPN gives the Ducks a 76% chance. In the last 5 games, Utah is 3-2, have averaged 78.4, given up, 75.0. Oregon is 5-0, have averaged, 72.6, given up, 51.4
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Generally speaking, I feel that at the quarterfinal stage, the team who played the day before has a bit of an advantage over the team who didn't, all things being equal. Just seems like the team with a game under its belt has any first game jitters out of the way and is now in the rhythm of playing, while the other team still has to deal with that. And two games in two nights shouldn't be that big of a deal for a bunch of 20-year-olds in any case, even if Altman hadn't so masterfully kept everyone's minutes so low last night.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Not a good start. We're getting smothered offensively, and they've had too many open three-point looks.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

1 of 11 how is that possible?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Our defense jumped a level, we're killing them with our energy right now. Offense is still weak but we're looking much better.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Utah has seven pts on free throws and the Ducks have yet to shoot one
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I will say it - Ducks O is absolutely s*** tonight.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

This offensive performance is pathetic. Come on guys!