Seeding

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Seeding

Post by duckfan96 »

If the ducks are a double digit seed, like espn said they will be, I feel bad for the team that draws em in the 1st round. Well not really, but will suck for whoever faces em.
Also think it’s cool that this team is peaking at the right time.
Merganzer
Senior

Pac-12 Bracketology

Post by Merganzer »

Start with ESPN: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

11 Oregon 6 Mississippi St Midwest
8 Washington 9 Seton Hall East
Play in game 11 ASU 11 St. Johns to play #6 Maryland South

Bracketville: https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

11 Oregon 6 Auburn Midwest
10 Washington 7 Buffalo South
Play in game 11 ASU 11 St. Johns to play #6 Cincinnati

CBS:https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/

11 Oregon 6 Marquette East
11 Washington 6 Buffalo South
Play in game 11 ASU 11 St Johns to play Auburn
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Pac-12 Bracketology

Post by Phalanx »

NET ranking: 51
RPI: 45
KenPom: 43

If I were the selection committee, I would have a tough time seeding Oregon. I mean, is the team that just won eight games in a row, sweeping the Pac 12 tournament and beating the best two teams in the conference twice each along the way...is that the same team that lost to Texas Southern at home? Are they worried about a repeat of 2013, when they gave the Ducks a 12-seed and then watched them destroy the five and four-seeds while those teams both cried foul? They might be tempted to stick the Ducks in a 10-seed to avoid this. What we learned from that season is that it is often better to be a 12-seed if you want to advance beyond the round of 32. A 12-seed plays a 4-seed in the second round, while a 7 or 10 has to play a 2-seed and an 8 or 9 has to play the 1-seed. If your team is good enough to beat the 5-seed in the first round (and I think Oregon might be, despite the problems on offense) then a 12-seed would actually be welcomed.

In any case, it's amazing that we are even in this situation after the egg they laid vs. the L.A. schools and Oregon State last month. What a turnaround. Coach Altman continues to add to his legend.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Seeding

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I’m happy as long as we are not an 8 or 9. It would suck to face a 1 seed in the second round.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:I’m happy as long as we are not an 8 or 9. It would suck to face a 1 seed in the second round.
It would suck for the 1 seed, that's for sure... Really this all feels like house money at this point. I say what the hell, Oregon can beat 1 seed with the way they are playing on D...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

From ScoopDuck:

Joe Lunardi of ESPN has Oregon as a 11-seed in the Midwest bracket. They would open up against No. 6 seed Mississippi State in Tulsa.

Jerry Palm of CBS has Oregon as an 11-seed in the East bracket. That puts Oregon against No. 6 seed Marquette in Hartford.

The Athletic has Oregon as a 10-seed in the West bracket. That puts Oregon against No. 7 seed UCF in Salt Lake City.

SBNation has Oregon has a 12-seed in the East bracket. That puts Oregon against No. 5 Kansas State.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... /_/id/2116

UCF has a 7'6, 310 C, Tacko Fall, he averages 24.7 min., 7.3 reb, 2,5 blks.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Merganzer wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... /_/id/2116

UCF has a 7'6, 310 C, Tacko Fall, he averages 24.7 min., 7.3 reb, 2,5 blks.
That led me to this which is worth the 90 seconds

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=26176461
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Lunardi, ESPN still has Oregon a 11, but now in the South against 6 Maryland
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is a 12 seed and will face 5 seed Wisconsin in San Jose on Friday.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Wisconsin...again. This time, it's payback. :lol:
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Washington gets a ninth seed vs. Utah State

Sounds like the Sun Devils get the play-in vs. St. Johns. Three Pac 12 teams is pretty good this year.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phalanx wrote:Wisconsin...again. This time, it's payback. :lol:
Really couldn't have gotten a better spot than this, in San Jose.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon is a 12 seed and will face 5 seed Wisconsin in San Jose on Friday.
Beautiful.... 8-)

How lucky to be put in San Jose! Without investigating, that's got to be a best case scenario for travel...Ducks should be well-represented!

Wisconsin is largely the Ethan Happ show...an old school traditional big. No threes. Gotta like Oregon's chance of defending him with any combination of White-Wooten-Okoro.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."