Question on Bol Bol

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: Question on Bol Bol

Post by northbeachsf »

247 posted an article with a quote on Bol that is interesting:
“While the consensus is that Bol will be a one-and-done at Oregon and turn pro following the season, he has yet to announce or finalize a decision. He said again on Thursday that he's waiting until after the season to make a decision.”

Also interesting that apparently he is healthy enough to maybe play but doesn’t want to mess up the chemistry of the team right now.

Here is the article:
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 130346527/
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

northbeachsf wrote:247 posted an article with a quote on Bol that is interesting:
“While the consensus is that Bol will be a one-and-done at Oregon and turn pro following the season, he has yet to announce or finalize a decision. He said again on Thursday that he's waiting until after the season to make a decision.”

Also interesting that apparently he is healthy enough to maybe play but doesn’t want to mess up the chemistry of the team right now.

Here is the article:
Wow, Nice find. I've been wondering why he is always there at games, looking for all the world like he is still with the team. I haven't dared to hope that he might come back, but those quotes certainly leave the door open, at least a crack.

The part about being healthy but not playing is also interesting. If he is that out of shape or out of rhythm, that might be another reason to take another year in college. Glad to hear he is keeping up with his classes. That all sounds very auspicious.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Even if Bol Bol doesn't come back, the way he's handled the injury was with pure class. I just love the type of players Altman and Cristobal have recruited, guys with class and integrity. Bol is a true man of Oregon and he's made this duck fan proud!
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Even if Bol Bol doesn't come back, the way he's handled the injury was with pure class. I just love the type of players Altman and Cristobal have recruited, guys with class an integrity. Bol is a true man of Oregon and he's made this duck fan proud!
This ^^
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

if we win one more round.. imagine if bol makes a surprise off the bench cameo
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

shoparound wrote:if we win one more round.. imagine if bol makes a surprise off the bench cameo
That would be incredibol.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:247 posted an article with a quote on Bol that is interesting:

Here is the article:
Wow, Nice find. I've been wondering why he is always there at games, looking for all the world like he is still with the team. I haven't dared to hope that he might come back, but those quotes certainly leave the door open, at least a crack.

The part about being healthy but not playing is also interesting. If he is that out of shape or out of rhythm, that might be another reason to take another year in college. Glad to hear he is keeping up with his classes. That all sounds very auspicious.
I think he sounds like a kid who is ready for the next stage in his rehab so when he says he's is "basically healed" I think he means that he's ready for the next step but the Doctor's have him on a schedule and aren't rushing it.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

True, could be one of those the wound has healed but the pain and effect are still there situations.
Although he did say he didn't want to go back in because it would ruin the chemistry or something.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

shoparound wrote:True, could be one of those the wound has healed but the pain and effect are still there situations.
Although he did say he didn't want to go back in because it would ruin the chemistry or something.
Yeah. He essentially said he is not in basketball shape and didn’t think his return would be a benefit to the team right now.