Cole Anthony picks UNC

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Cole Anthony leaning towards UNC

Post by Merganzer »

https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 130496824/

Cole Anthony is one of a handful of uncommitted prospects at the McDonald's All-American game this week.
His list is down to five schools -- North Carolina, Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Georgetown and Oregon -- and he's taken official visits to each of them.
Now the Mouth of Wilson (Va.) Oak Hill standout is working through the final stages of his process and looking to decide in April.

What sticks out about Carolina?
Just Roy Williams himself, he’s one of the best coaches in college basketball. He really knows how to win with talent, without talent he’s just an all-around great coach.

Oregon?
Oregon, they were probably the first school that started recruiting me hard and they did that since I was a sophomore so them just being a pretty good team, they have a lot of talent on that team so that appeals to me. Coach [Dana] Altman is a really good coach, too.

Are you paying attention to things like Coby White potentially going to the NBA?
Yeah, we just want to monitor and see who ends up staying at each school and who ends up leaving to make sure we have enough talent as a freshman to make it to the Final Four. That’s my goal.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Merganzer wrote:

Oregon?
Oregon, they were probably the first school that started recruiting me hard and they did that since I was a sophomore so them just being a pretty good team, they have a lot of talent on that team so that appeals to me. Coach [Dana] Altman is a really good coach, too.
Good find mergs. I think this run might've made it a tougher decision for him. I think the early-entry candidates will have announced before he decides, so hopefully Oregon gets good news in that regard.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Entitled much?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

woundedknees wrote:Entitled much?
Yeah. I was like, "Damn. This kid sounds like he's the next Lebron James." :lol:

Be more than winning to have that talent level at guard though. After this year, I think Altman has shown that he can get results with just about anybody.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Hey Cole, Oregon finished the season a lot better than UNC did: Oregon 49 Virginia 53,
Auburn 97 UNC 80
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

greenyellow wrote:
Think this is pretty much a foregone conclusion sadly. :roll:
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Well if he wants to complete for a championship....it looks like Oregon is the better choice than UNC according to all the way to early polls.... :roll: that doesn't happen often, but maybe that works in Oregon's favor in the end...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

The Hines approach is appropriate here.

He ain’t coming
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Rumors are that Cole Anthony's parents will make a trip down to Eugene this weekend. Due to NCAA rules, he can't visit but this is more about selling his parents as this will be his mother's first time on-campus while it allows them to talk to his father even more.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Rumors are that Cole Anthony's parents will make a trip down to Eugene this weekend. Due to NCAA rules, he can't visit but this is more about selling his parents as this will be his mother's first time on-campus while it allows them to talk to his father even more.
If Anthony came and King stayed. Sheeeeeeesh. I think those top 10 preseason rankings would be warranted.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I don't think he's this lock to UNC everyone says he is, I think Oregon has a great chance. Though if he does commit to Oregon, does that sway Pritchard towards leaving Oregon early?
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Yeah, I don't think he's a complete lock either. But I think a lot depends on how we look when he makes the choice. If we land a couple of huge transfers then that could mean quite a bit too him. He wants to make the Final Four. Two transfers, one to replace King and another sharp shooter at guard would be the icing on the cake... Anybody feeling the same way?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like we're going to find out pretty quickly about both Anthony and Stanley. Anthony is supposedly deciding at the Jordan Brand Classic on the 20th or shortly thereafter while Stanley is deciding on either the 17th or 20th (potentially at the JB Classic) after he takes a visit to Duke this weekend.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Stanley has all his crystal balls going to Duke now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13