South Sweet 16: #12 Oregon vs #1 Virginia (3/28 7 PM TBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: South Sweet 16: #12 Oregon vs #1 Virginia (3/28 7 PM TBS

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon was so close a couple times in getting a stop or having a shot go down but UVA just got a few more lucky bounces to go their way. Can't be too disappointed in how Oregon finished this season.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

We lost because of all the extra offensive possessions we gave up to them either from offensive rebounds or failing to control the board to turning the ball over.

Hell of year though to make it this far and get 25 wins. Let's hope Wooten and King both come back.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I feel like Wooten and King should both be back, but I have been wrong before. The ducks were missing a go-to scorer this year, and yet somehow made it this far and came up just short against one of the top 3 teams in the country. It's amazing what a team can do that plays defense. Next year, I think we will not be a 12-seed.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Tough close loss!
I thought we had it when King made the 3 to go up 45-42 late.
But after that wouldn't hit an ocean.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Love the effort Ducks. Imagine a month ago, the last thing we thought we would be commenting on the Ducks NOT making it to the elite 8. 07 just mentioned it, this was definitely a game of inches. Virginia got way too many of the 50/50 balls. Midway through the first half, Oregon was shooting better than 50%, Virginia was around 23%, and they had the lead.
Last edited by Merganzer on Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

ducks5ever wrote:Sloppy play but kudos to Virginia's stifling defense. Maybe it was me but it felt that Richardson whiffed big time in the end on key possessions.
Did you see my posts? He got scared and timid late. He got lost giving up an open three to tie it late, and right before that he got a switch and had a big guy on him with Wooten downlow with a little guy guarding him and there was 7 seconds left on the shot clock. Perfect time to drive and he passed it out to Pritchard putting him in a really bad situation. Plays like that are very unacceptable, and if he ever wants to reach his potential he cannot do that.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Phalanx wrote:I feel like Wooten and King should both be back, but I have been wrong before. The ducks were missing a go-to scorer this year, and yet somehow made it this far and came up just short against one of the top 3 teams in the country. It's amazing what a team can do that plays defense. Next year, I think we will not be a 12-seed.
I'm super excited for next year. If King is back he could be absolutely dynamic, Wooten should be back and will continue to be a force (and maybe can develop a bit of a true offensive game beyond lob dunks), Payton will continue being Payton, Okoro might take a step forward, maybe Richardson develops... a lot to like. Plus the excitement of another good recruiting class.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:We lost because of all the extra offensive possessions we gave up to them either from offensive rebounds or failing to control the board to turning the ball over.

Hell of year though to make it this far and get 25 wins. Let's hope Wooten and King both come back.
You forgot Bol ;)
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

FYI that 5'9 UVA extra mobile sharpshooter is going to be a menace for years to come since he's probably a bit undersized for the league.
withamjd
One Star Recruit

Post by withamjd »

He just had his Rudy moment...
Check out his game log results. Nothing close to these results . Altman focused on the right strategy and got sucked out. What can you do?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ihei-clark
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Super happy the Ducks went as far as they did, all things considered. If there was a reason for King to come back next year, it would be for his handles. Any time he drives the lane, I have nightmares of Al-Farouq Aminu with the ball in his hands. Dude has zero ball control off the dribble going down to the post, or making a move towards the basket. He is decent driving the baseline, but anything in a wide open key, and it gets stripped.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »