duckfan96
Senior

UCI coach tried to bait Oregon's King with namecalling

Post by duckfan96 »

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Funny

Post by karlhungis »

, and I wanted to let him know that what I'd done was out of respect.
That doesn't look like respect. That looks pretty childish to me.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I'm not one to feed the outrage machine, but I'd be surprised if this happens again given calling someone a queen can be interpreted as homophobic.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:I'm not one to feed the outrage machine, but I'd be surprised if this happens again given calling someone a queen can be interpreted as homophobic.
Well California has anti-misgendering laws and the Coach is a State employee. :lol:
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Duck07 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:I'm not one to feed the outrage machine, but I'd be surprised if this happens again given calling someone a queen can be interpreted as homophobic.
Well California has anti-misgendering laws and the Coach is a State employee. :lol:
They needs to be careful.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Kinda dumb, but I don't really care that much. Louis' shot was falling so I was happy.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Trash talkers on the court have said and will say far worse things. I doubt it stirred him much and not worth it in this day and age. Nothing he should lose his job over or anything though.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Trash talkers on the court have said and will say far worse things. I doubt it stirred him much and not worth it in this day and age. Nothing he should lose his job over or anything though.
While true, seems odd coming from a coach. I doubt Dana plays in that sandox
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I was watching the post-game press conference and thought how silly it was for a college coach to be engaging in trash-talk like that. It's like he forgot where he was and what his job is. I think he is taking this Anteater thing too seriously, rooting around in the dirt.

Anyway, I cringe at the politically correct crowd making a big deal over this and compelling him to make a big show of a public apology, but it really was a dumb way for a coach to act, and I would be really bummed if Altman ever did anything like that. Thankfully, I don't think that would ever happen, Altman just has too much class and dignity. Even Turner spoke respectfully about Dana. This is just another reminder about how glad I am we have the coach that we have. So perfect for Oregon.