WBB: Portland S16: #6 SDSU vs #2 Oregon (3/29 8:30 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: WBB: Portland S16: #6 SDSU vs #2 Oregon (3/29 8:30 PM ES

Post by rockthief »

Sabrina has a lane to the bucket but tried a three and missed. Ducks playing slow and soft, probably to conserve energy. If that is not the case then it's alarming. Again, get Boley inside for some paint shots along with Hebard. Gildon subbed for Boley.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Ducks win by ten in , my opinion, a lackadaisical effort, but they still won and it was never really in doubt. Elite eight!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Obviously we cannot shoot like that and win on Sunday. Crowd is going to have to bring it for us and we've got to be above 40% outside.

I was curious, here's the box score from the Ms St win 82-74. While McCowan had a quiet night on offense with only 5 attempts, Satou had a quiet game for us in that one too. I'm of the mindset that our poor shooting tonight will only lead to a big game for us on Sunday and they'll advance to Tampa Bay!

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... =401091515
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

I'm also hoping we're saving up for Miss St. Finally back at the round we wanted back so badly last year.
Now Erin Boley missed 3 or 4 straight airballs in this game. A little bit of a slump lately. I think she if she can't hit them, she's good enough for rebounds, screens and set play lay ups so I'm not necessarily concerned yet but surprised she wasn't used for any of that tonight. Ruthy also had some point blank misses, which for her are extremely uncharacteristic.

But agreed, this offense is on fumes, they're going to have to give it everything the next round.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duck07 wrote:Obviously we cannot shoot like that and win on Sunday. Crowd is going to have to bring it for us and we've got to be above 40% outside.

I was curious, here's the box score from the Ms St win 82-74. While McCowan had a quiet night on offense with only 5 attempts, Satou had a quiet game for us in that one too. I'm of the mindset that our poor shooting tonight will only lead to a big game for us on Sunday and they'll advance to Tampa Bay!

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... =401091515
That works. Lackadaisical, as rockthief mentioned, looking past the Jackrabbits, the chance of a repeat of this on Sunday is very unlikely. It would be great if Boley found her shot, a couple of air balls included in the 0-7 tonight. But Hebard, goes 8-9 on free throws.