Proud of this team!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Proud of this team!

Post by mrpd21 »

Nobody expected them to be in the tourney a month ago, let alone the Sweet 16. Props to the players for stepping up, and for the coach for making adjustments and getting these guys to buy in. What a pleasant surprise this was given the majority of the year. Thank you to the entire team for a great run, it was a wild ride!
rockthief
Senior

Re: Proud of this team!

Post by rockthief »

so so close - can you imagine if?
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Yeah, they have a ton to be proud of for sure. They provided a fun ride for us fans.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Thought this team was absolutely toast after the USC game. Just an absolute amazing comeback!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

An absolutely fabulous, unexpected, fun ride! Go Ducks!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Absolutely, what a fun run they had with that 10 game winning streak. It still hurts a bit only cause of how close they were, but that doesn’t take away from the pride.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

what a great run..not to mention fun to watch. Has to be one of Altmans best coaching
jobs getting his players to buy in. awesome go ducks
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The Ducks make a 180 at the most important part of the season and nearly make it to the elite 8. They end the season with eleven straight games of holding the opponent to under 62 points. I won't forget these guys!
Last edited by Merganzer on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Well said everyone. Sure made March fun.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

I think this is one of those years that should solidify everyone's faith in Coach Altman. I think most on this board are already with him, but I was stunned at the amount of negative feedback he was getting this year on social media. As some have said, probably his best season yet given the circumstances.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

mrpd21 wrote:I think this is one of those years that should solidify everyone's faith in Coach Altman. I think most on this board are already with him, but I was stunned at the amount of negative feedback he was getting this year on social media. As some have said, probably his best season yet given the circumstances.

ditto... i believe and this is just me.. he's one of the top 5 coaches in the country.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Merganzer wrote:The Ducks make a 180 at the most important part of the season and nearly make it to the Sweet 16. They end the season with eleven straight games of holding the opponent to under 62 points. I won't forget these guys!
Uh . . . they DID make it to the Sweet 16.

And that really was huge, as it kept the team in the national spotlight for 4-5 more days.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Greenblood wrote:
Merganzer wrote:The Ducks make a 180 at the most important part of the season and nearly make it to the Elite Eight. They end the season with eleven straight games of holding the opponent to under 62 points. I won't forget these guys!
Uh . . . they DID make it to the Sweet 16.

And that really was huge, as it kept the team in the national spotlight for 4-5 more days.
Good job, I was so happy that elite 8 looked like Sweet 16 while I was typing :lol:
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Really hope most of the team comes back. The injury to Bol was tremendous towards the team's development and forced them to work as a team to win :')