Oregon 2019-2020 roster projection

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon 2019-2020 roster projection

Post by greenyellow »

I know the season just ended but it's never too early to look ahead to next season. As it stands, here's what the roster for next season currently looks like:
SR: G Pritchard
JR: F Wooten, G Bailey, G Duarte
SO: G Richardson, F Norris, F Okoro, F King
FR: F Walker, F Lawson

Bol is as good as gone so they're at 10 scholarship players with 3 open spots left. King is a big wildcard since he's got the opportunity to leave early but I've yet to really to see him in many mock drafts and he still needs a bit of work on his dribbling and physical development before heading to the NBA. I could also see Bailey transferring due to his reduced playing time late in the season. If those 2 left, Oregon would be really hurting for players, especially if they don't get Cole Anthony or Cassius Stanley. The only other 2019 recruit I've seen them after is under-the-radar SG Chase Drew out of Baltimore but he seems like a developmental player who's a couple years out from contributing in any major way and would likely transfer before that happens. Oregon has been linked to several grad transfers but it's hard to get a read on any of those guys. The Ducks also have three 2020 recruits (Addison Patterson, N'Faly Dante, and Makur Maker) who could reclassify but Patterson seems the only one who's going to go that route.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Oregon 2019-2020 roster projection

Post by Phalanx »

It sure didn't seem like Wooten was expecting to be back in his post-game comments. I don't know what kind of feedback he is getting from scouts, etc. It was painfully apparent tonight that he has little to offer in the way of offense. Hopefully, he comes back to develop that part of his game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:It sure didn't seem like Wooten was expecting to be back in his post-game comments. I don't know what kind of feedback he is getting from scouts, etc. It was painfully apparent tonight that he has little to offer in the way of offense. Hopefully, he comes back to develop that part of his game.
What did he say? That’d really be a mistake, nobody will draft someone with 0 offensive skills, no matter how athletic he is.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

there were some arguments here last year about troy brown, but the key to brown's decision was he was being pegged as a top 20 pick and he was never going to really climb much higher, so he struck while his potential (and draft ranking) was about as high as it was ever going to get.

king has legit 1st round potential but a 2nd round grade so coming back actually makes some sense. he CAN improve his stock by coming back. that said, you never know when these kids have it in their mind that they're done with school and they start betting on themselves, or if he shows out in pre-draft workouts and some team falls in love with him, a la chandler hutchinson last year.

https://basketballsocietyonline.com/ken ... ing-report

that's a pretty apt scouting report on wooten, imo. if he declares he'd have a long, interesting road ahead of him. he'd latch onto the g-league because of his athleticism alone, but he's such a liability on offense...
ImageImageImageImageImage
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Phalanx wrote:It sure didn't seem like Wooten was expecting to be back in his post-game comments. I don't know what kind of feedback he is getting from scouts, etc. It was painfully apparent tonight that he has little to offer in the way of offense. Hopefully, he comes back to develop that part of his game.
Yeah...I saw that. "I am going to go home and talk to my family and see what's next".
There is an Oregonian article titled "Kenny Wooten unsure about plans for next season" released today as well.

Norris' comments on twitter were very interesting as well. It really sounded like a....my time in Eugene was great....type speech.

If I was forced to make a guess right now based on what I have read, I would predict that King and Wooten both try and go pro and Norris transfers. I am going to take the long shot and say that Bol comes back, but in all fairness, I have been saying that all year.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Unless Wooten wants to go pro overseas, I don't know why he wouldn't stay in school. I'd be pretty upset if my team picked him, to be frank.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

StevensTechU wrote:Unless Wooten wants to go pro overseas, I don't know why he wouldn't stay in school. I'd be pretty upset if my team picked him, to be frank.
He's not an NBA player, but he could make a good living overseas.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I saw Wooten projected in the second round next year. Unless he's just dying to make money he needs to come back, for his own sake.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

LOL what, is he going to transfer? Go play overseas?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Hopefully we get some consistency, I'm sure it's driving Altman crazy to have has such drastically different rosters these last two years. If everyone except Bol returned, then this team would be very scary next year. A few departures like King, Wooten, and Norris can really affect this team.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I wish more BBall players would understand the value of an education and a degree. A lot of them still end up broke a couple years after they're done playing.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:I wish more BBall players would understand the value of an education and a degree. A lot of them still end up broke a couple years after they're done playing.
Dan Patrick talks a lot about how instead of giving the one and done players a couple terms of traditional college, they should give special classes on how to handle finances, how to choose agents, selecting the right endorsements, and just overall financial planning to avoid bankruptcy post basketball career. Given the mess that is one and done, that to me is ideal for what to teach these kids. Otherwise, they won't learn anything important in two terms of pre-electives.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Duck07 wrote:I wish more BBall players would understand the value of an education and a degree. A lot of them still end up broke a couple years after they're done playing.
You can always go back and finish your degree. You cant go back and play in the league
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

northbeachsf wrote: I would predict that King and Wooten both try and go pro
Both are going to come back
northbeachsf wrote:I am going to take the long shot and say that Bol comes back, but in all fairness, I have been saying that all year.
He gone
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
northbeachsf wrote: I would predict that King and Wooten both try and go pro
Both are going to come back
northbeachsf wrote:I am going to take the long shot and say that Bol comes back, but in all fairness, I have been saying that all year.
He gone
Is this a guess? Or do you have some sort of info?