Oregon 2019-2020 roster projection

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Oregon 2019-2020 roster projection

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I wish more BBall players would understand the value of an education and a degree. A lot of them still end up broke a couple years after they're done playing.
You can always go back and finish your degree. You cant go back and play in the league
How many do though. I have no idea, but I’m guessing the number of unsuccessful players that return to finish their degrees is quite small.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
northbeachsf wrote: I would predict that King and Wooten both try and go pro
Both are going to come back
northbeachsf wrote:I am going to take the long shot and say that Bol comes back, but in all fairness, I have been saying that all year.
He gone
Is this a guess? Or do you have some sort of info?
These were just my predictions. I don’t have any intel.
On a side note, is Bol really gone? Even if he hires an agent, there is a path for him to return to school next year. Remember the rule has changed.
https://www.slamonline.com/nba/ncaa-all ... nba-draft/
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

King is projected as a 2nd rounder, which to me means he should stay. 2nd rounders are guaranteed nothing. That said, I very also head rumor than he hasn't been going to class much, so he might be leaving.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

northbeachsf wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
northbeachsf wrote: I would predict that King and Wooten both try and go pro
Both are going to come back
northbeachsf wrote:I am going to take the long shot and say that Bol comes back, but in all fairness, I have been saying that all year.
He gone
Is this a guess? Or do you have some sort of info?
These were just my predictions. I don’t have any intel.
On a side note, is Bol really gone? Even if he hires an agent, there is a path for him to return to school next year. Remember the rule has changed.
https://www.slamonline.com/nba/ncaa-all ... nba-draft/
From his twitter message after he got injured, it sounded like he was done with Oregon. I think he needs to leave because if he comes back and gets injured again (he's not a thick guy by any means), his nba career could be over before it even begins. At a minimum he probably won't get a first round grade after next year either if that happens.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

It's so hard to project this stuff. Kids get bad advice. The transfer thing would drive me absolutely nuts as a coach. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having limited playing time for 2 years and then breaking out as a junior or senior. Look at Hachimura on Gonzaga, going to be a lottery pick going that route.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

greenyellow wrote:I know the season just ended but it's never too early to look ahead to next season. As it stands, here's what the roster for next season currently looks like:
SR: G Pritchard
JR: F Wooten, G Bailey, G Duarte
SO: G Richardson, F Norris, F Okoro, F King
FR: F Walker, F Lawson

Bol is as good as gone so they're at 10 scholarship players with 3 open spots left. King is a big wildcard since he's got the opportunity to leave early but I've yet to really to see him in many mock drafts and he still needs a bit of work on his dribbling and physical development before heading to the NBA. I could also see Bailey transferring due to his reduced playing time late in the season. If those 2 left, Oregon would be really hurting for players, especially if they don't get Cole Anthony or Cassius Stanley. The only other 2019 recruit I've seen them after is under-the-radar SG Chase Drew out of Baltimore but he seems like a developmental player who's a couple years out from contributing in any major way and would likely transfer before that happens. Oregon has been linked to several grad transfers but it's hard to get a read on any of those guys. The Ducks also have three 2020 recruits (Addison Patterson, N'Faly Dante, and Makur Maker) who could reclassify but Patterson seems the only one who's going to go that route.
It is looking like this was a pretty good prediction. King seems to be leaning towards the draft and 247 saying we have at least 1 transfer (likely Bailey or Norris), so assuming that happens, they are down to 8. Cole is getting a lot of hype to UNC, so hopefully we are looking at some other transfers or reclassifications to get back to at least 11.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Besides Pritchard and maybe Duarte, I'm not exactly sure where they'll be getting the scoring from. Unless someone develops this off-season (Norris, Okoro, and/or Richardson) or Walker is better than advertised, there's not really another dependable scorer, especially from 3-point range.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Jhop thinks king leaves.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Any guesses?
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Pure speculation but KJ Lawson announced he is transferring from Kansas. Older brother of incoming freshman Chandler Lawson.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

maxduck wrote:Pure speculation but KJ Lawson announced he is transferring from Kansas. Older brother of incoming freshman Chandler Lawson.
I saw that, it doesn't quite fit because he hasn't been to the NCAA tourney twice. Maybe Prehm was confused though, because Lawson transferred once already from Memphis, so maybe mops thought he had been at Kansas for all his seasons.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Tray Dub wrote: Any guesses?
It's Stephen F. Austin F TJ Holyfield.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://sfajacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2194

All-Southland Conference Third Team...Southland Conference All-Defensive Team...Southland Conference Tournament MVP...Buddy Lowery Defense Award...Dick Wright Sportsmanship Award...Ushered in his days as an upperclassman by becoming the program's all-time leader in blocked shots and collecting MVP honors at the Southland Conference Tournament to lead SFA back to the NCAA Tournament...Was the only member of the team to play and start all 35 of the 'Jacks' games...Averaged 12.9 points, 6.4 rebounds, 0.9 assists, 1.1 steals and 1.3 blocked shots in 27.3 minutes of action per game...Shot 54.8-percent (167-of-305) from the field, 41.2-percent (28-of-68) from three-point range and 74.8-percent (89-of-119) from the free throw stripe..

Seems like a nice fit, good shooter, steals & blocks, get him and Lawson's big brother.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Looks good.

They are going to need three more players, at a minimum, so hopefully they can grab a few decent transfers.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

With basketball, jhop doesn't know anything we don't.

Best educated guess is that King is getting evals right now and going to make a decision based on that with his family.