Expect Wooten, King, Pritchard

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Expect Wooten, King, Pritchard

Post by GrantDuck »

...to all hire agents, but do not be misled.

There is a new NCAA rule, which allows you to hire an agent, go to the combine, but maintain eligibility so long as you stay enrolled in school. In the past, you could not hire an agent during this process. King may just straight declare, but given his status as a 1st/2nd round tweener, that's risky.

I'd expect PP to back back for sure. Kenny, likely staying to develop his offense more. King I'd put at 1/3(staying) 2/3(going), but really depends on his combine and evaluation.
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Expect Wooten, King, Pritchard

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... chard.html

Payton Pritchard is in line to be Oregon’s lone senior next season, provided the point guard elects to return for another year.
The West Linn native is weighing whether to test the waters of the NBA Draft.
“That will definitely be an option,” Pritchard said after Oregon’s 53-49 loss to Virginia in the Sweet 16 on Thursday. “That’s college basketball,” Pritchard said of the changing roster this offseason. “We’ll see. I don’t know who’s staying or leaving but we’ll be ready for next year.”
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Probably going to just be a lot of waiting and speculating over the next month or two. My guess, for the two cents it's worth, is roughly the same as Grant's, maybe a bit more optimistic on King (50-50), and I also give Bol Bol like a 5-10% chance of returning.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

King is the only one I’m concerned about losing. Wooten and Pritchard aren’t leaving
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Wooten needs skills improved as shown in the Virginia game.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

RebelDuck wrote:King is the only one I’m concerned about losing. Wooten and Pritchard aren’t leaving
King could really use another year of strength conditioning. When he has the ball and turns his back to the basket in the paint he often falls down because his legs simply can’t supoort him. The kid is athletic, but needs more strength. Him missing so much time with his injury put him behind. I think another year will really help him.