WBB: Portland Elite 8: #1 MSU vs #2 Oregon (3/31 11 AM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: WBB: Portland Elite 8: #1 MSU vs #2 Oregon (3/31 11 AM E

Post by duckduckgoose »

nogerO wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:They were celebrating like they had won the whole thing. Hope that doesn’t come back to bite them. It’s good to be excited but they went over the top a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s been their goal for two years and they finally broke that wall down. No problem. CELEBRATE ladies!
Well it looked like they made their goal for the year.

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Wow. Epic performance by Sabrina. Hopefully she has a couple more left in the tank. Go Ducks!

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

"All I've got to say is we're not done yet," Ionescu said. "Of course, we're going to be happy, but we're not going to be pleased with how far we've gotten. I think that's one of the reasons we didn't necessarily set one goal before the season. I know we got a lot of critiques for that.

"Our goals are further than one game, a Final Four, something that you can really pinpoint. I think our goals are things that we can control, and everything else will take care of itself."

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-bask ... final-four
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

It worked out perfectly for Mississippi State to get the #1 Seed in Portland, where Oregon was #2. Now Coach Shaffer won't want to come back to anywhere in Oregon. :D
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Maybe we can have a repeat next year when Portland again hosts a regional.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

duckduckgoose wrote:They were celebrating like they had won the whole thing. Hope that doesn’t come back to bite them. It’s good to be excited but they went over the top a bit.

this is not a thing you need to worry about.
ImageImageImageImageImage
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

oregontrack wrote:

this is not a thing you need to worry about.
You get a trophy for your case and get to cut the nets down. It is a championship, albeit a regional championship. Plus being denied the previous 2 years...it's a big deal to break through. Sabrina will make sure the team is locked in for FF ...never seen a better leader.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Who should duck fans be rooting for? Baylor or Iowa?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Who should duck fans be rooting for? Baylor or Iowa?
Whi has less size?
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Iowa for sure but expect Baylor...Baylor lost once this year and is the best defense team. Massive team of ladies. Another 6ft7in center and another big 6ft4in forward. Iowa might have the best all around post in the country though..
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Iowa for sure but expect Baylor...Baylor lost once this year and is the best defense team. Massive team of ladies. Another 6ft7in center and another big 6ft4in forward. Iowa might have the best all around post in the country though..
So both teams will be a hard matchup for the Ducks I take it. Looks like Sabrina will have to play near flawless for Oregon to move on to the championship game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Actually after playing McCowan, I don't think Kalani Brown of Baylor wouldn't want anything to do with the defensive side of the ball against us. We PnR'ed MsSt as much as we could and we'd do it against Baylor unless they want to play zone and let us shoot from deep all day long to help out for Brown but we've got 4 shooters on the floor almost all the time.

All the games are big and against great opponents at this point but I hope they keep up the Batman mindset: I'm not locked up in here with you, you're locked up in here with ME.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote: So both teams will be a hard matchup for the Ducks I take it. Looks like Sabrina will have to play near flawless for Oregon to move on to the championship game.
No, the only given is that if Baylor makes it, their Coach Kim Mulkey will make Bobby Hurley look like he's practicing Buddhism on the court.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote: So both teams will be a hard matchup for the Ducks I take it. Looks like Sabrina will have to play near flawless for Oregon to move on to the championship game.
No, the only given is that if Baylor makes it, their Coach Kim Mulkey will make Bobby Hurley look like he's practicing Buddhism on the court.
They should be married...pair of a$$hats...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine