WBB: Final Four: #2 Oregon vs #1 Baylor (4/5 4 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: WBB: Final Four: #2 Oregon vs #1 Baylor (4/5 4 PM ESPN2)

Post by maxduck »

Stanford will be loaded next year, 4 returning starters with 4 5* recruits coming in including the #1 player. Oregon State adds a couple highly rated post players, both 5 stars per ESPN. I would think kids would be lining up to sign with Oregon but that doesn't appear to be the case with 4* Taylor Chavez the only American player signed in the last two years.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Whatever their recruiting, very proud and happy for their season. I would assume some recruits will be looking harder at UO, and what can be. With or without Sabrina.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I can't figure out why Graves and his staff haven't been able to get any top American players the past few years. You'd think some of them would have liked to play with someone of Sabrina's caliber.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

such a tough loss to take still, I can't believe both basketball team were a possession away really from getting to the championship.
This was a game where the younger sabally or mcguire would have been great.

What's worse is in basketball no matter how close you were the year before and what you have coming/coming back, it's extremely difficult to make it back to the FF. Just ask MissSt
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Duck07 wrote:Really sucks to lose but they showed they belonged and we'll be back as long as we can keep recruiting at a high level. Those other schools are always there in part because they take the best players and we can get to that point too. We can only speculate on what-if's, like if Nyara didn't get hurt.

SI is coming back; she's got 4 days to basically make up her mind. I do hope that Coach Graves and his lack of red-faced, sideline antics will be something that stands out for recruits going forward.
Coach Graves could stand to get red-faced more often. Baylor's coach worked the refs at the start of the game and was rewarded with all the calls going her way.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

RanDux wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Really sucks to lose but they showed they belonged and we'll be back as long as we can keep recruiting at a high level. Those other schools are always there in part because they take the best players and we can get to that point too. We can only speculate on what-if's, like if Nyara didn't get hurt.

SI is coming back; she's got 4 days to basically make up her mind. I do hope that Coach Graves and his lack of red-faced, sideline antics will be something that stands out for recruits going forward.
Coach Graves could stand to get red-faced more often. Baylor's coach worked the refs at the start of the game and was rewarded with all the calls going her way.
She sure did and the baylor message board feels like the calls went our way :roll:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

RanDux wrote: Coach Graves could stand to get red-faced more often. Baylor's coach worked the refs at the start of the game and was rewarded with all the calls going her way.
I don't like seeing it because it all ends up at lower levels of the sport and its pretty shameful behavior or at least we should start thinking of it as such. I think more coaches should be given a technical for that kind of conduct more often as I don't think it helps promote the game on any level and it leads to a lack of officials who want to put on the stripes, especially at lower levels of play.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duck07 wrote:
RanDux wrote: Coach Graves could stand to get red-faced more often. Baylor's coach worked the refs at the start of the game and was rewarded with all the calls going her way.
I don't like seeing it because it all ends up at lower levels of the sport and its pretty shameful behavior or at least we should start thinking of it as such. I think more coaches should be given a technical for that kind of conduct more often as I don't think it helps promote the game on any level and it leads to a lack of officials who want to put on the stripes, especially at lower levels of play.
I agree, over the course of the season one of the things I've enjoyed the most was looking at the Ducks on the bench and seeing Graves looking completely relaxed, while on the other bench the coach often appeared to be hysterical.
I think we can all accept that its not a matter of Graves not caring about what's going on, but that a calm demeanor is what he wants the players to see when they look his way.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Merganzer wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
I agree, over the course of the season one of the things I've enjoyed the most was looking at the Ducks on the bench and seeing Graves looking completely relaxed, while on the other bench the coach often appeared to be hysterical.
I think we can all accept that its not a matter of Graves not caring about what's going on, but that a calm demeanor is what he wants the players to see when they look his way.
Just like Dana Altman.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

shoparound wrote:
RanDux wrote:

She sure did and the baylor message board feels like the calls went our way :roll:
Not sure where they get that. They were only called for 11 fouls the whole game. They shot 15 free throws to our 7. That said we only made 1 of our last 13 shots and you don't win a close game doing that.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

They are complaining about the screens, and Ruthy/Sabrina push-offs.

Not sure what league they play in, but that was no different than the way the it was called all year.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

shoparound wrote:They are complaining about the screens, and Ruthy/Sabrina push-offs.

Not sure what league they play in, but that was no different than the way the it was called all year.
I mean, if there players weren't draped over and grabbing/holding them all night they wouldn't need to. And if they didn't try to run through every screen, that was crazy to me.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

nogerO wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Just like Dana Altman.
Works for me.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If Baylor thought the refs helped Oregon out, I’m sure they’ll be outraged about the refs in the championship game. These refs are doing everything they can to give this game to Notre Dame.