WBB Post Season Awards

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

WBB Post Season Awards

Post by shoparound »

Not that it matters too much to the players (I think getting to the FF was the main goal)
Sabrina of course is 1st Team AA.

But I don't see Ruthie anywhere. She's one of the best players in the country, and I'm surprised she was left off all the teams.

Oregon St fans (and player) arguing Pivec should have made the team, but I don't know who would have been left out for her.
http://www.sportswriters.net/usbwa/news ... 90402.html
Alan
Senior

Re: WBB Post Season Awards

Post by Alan »

Duck ladies also had a player named to the honorable mention All American, was that "Ruthie"?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

ruthy is amazing and she should always be in the conversation for stuff like this but there was some *incredible* post talent around the country this year. in our little part of the bracket alone gustafson and mccowen might sweep most ballots all by themselves, and that's not even getting into other premiere talent at baylor, notre dame, uconn, etc etc.

just a stacked field.
ImageImageImageImageImage
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

oregontrack wrote:ruthy is amazing and she should always be in the conversation for stuff like this but there was some *incredible* post talent around the country this year. in our little part of the bracket alone gustafson and mccowen might sweep most ballots all by themselves, and that's not even getting into other premiere talent at baylor, notre dame, uconn, etc etc.

just a stacked field.
Exactly this. To have one of the 15 is awesome, for two you would have to be a perennial final four participant and been honored before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

duckduckgoose wrote:
oregontrack wrote:ruthy is amazing and she should always be in the conversation for stuff like this but there was some *incredible* post talent around the country this year. in our little part of the bracket alone gustafson and mccowen might sweep most ballots all by themselves, and that's not even getting into other premiere talent at baylor, notre dame, uconn, etc etc.

just a stacked field.
Exactly this. To have one of the 15 is awesome, for two you would have to be a perennial final four participant and been honored before.

Yep, this year only two teams, Baylor & UCONN have two players in the 15; UCONN has a 1st & a 2nd, Baylor, a 2nd & and a 3rd.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

gustafson ended up winning ap player of the year. apparently by a wide margin.

but now sabrina just won the wade trophy national player of the year
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »