Sabrina Returning for SR Season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Sabrina Returning for SR Season

Post by greenyellow »

Disproving earlier reports that she was leaving early for the WNBA, Sabrina has announced she'll be coming back for her SR season.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Sabrina is back

Post by Tray Dub »

Ducks Nation — I’ll see you next year. Let’s see some packed houses.

Kobe — I’ll see you next year, too. Hope you keep watching.

And WNBA — I’ll see you soon. Real soon, I promise.

Just have some business to take care of first.
Good s***.
maxduck
Senior

Re: Sabrina Returning for SR Season

Post by maxduck »

Christmas in April! Thank you Sabrina.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... asketball/

We have unfinished business.And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. My teammates and I, our coaches, our fans, this program — we’re not going on a “run,” you know what I mean?? We’re not doing one of those things where, like, a team appears out of the blue, on the backs of a few good players, and then makes some noise for a season or two before heading back underground. Nah. This isn’t that.

We’re building something here in Eugene. We’re building something — together — that’s going to last for a long time after we’ve all graduated. From the upperclassmen, who showed me the way — Oti, Maite and Ruthy (and maybe especially Ruthy, who came in together with me and has gone from my roommate, where we gave each other the silent treatment that first year, to my best friend in the world)….. to our awesome underclassmen, Morgan, Nyara, Taylor, Lydia, Erin, Satou….. to our incoming class of freshmen that we already have committed….. to our amazing coaching staff, led by Coach Graves….. to our UNBELIEVABLE FANS who, honestly – y’all have no idea.
Last edited by maxduck on Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Take THAT, Bleacher Report... Apparently, reports of Sabrina's departure are a little previous.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Well, I've become a Kobe fan.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Too bad he can't have the same effect on the men's team...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Whew!!!
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

very good article, and not surprised she coming back with how close they came this season and the chance to play with her best friend Ruthy one more year.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Wow, it's going to be a BUSY season next year!
Love it

Only thing is now I'm worried about the all or nothing pressure!!
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

thomas time wrote:very good article, and not surprised she coming back with how close they came this season and the chance to play with her best friend Ruthy one more year.
Not surprised at all either. On other thread many of us thought she would come back if we didn't win it all. With Taylor and Kyara Stepping in for replacing Oti and Matte we should be good. If Lydia can be a little more physical, she can give some good minutes. Hopefully, the new girls can contribute.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

In case you needed a reminder that internet people are the worst:
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:In case you needed a reminder that internet people are the worst:

Seems pretty tepid to me. Then again, I don't get my panties in a twist when women face the same level of detraction as men do. so maybe it's just me. Sabrina has a history of running her mouth saying kind of absurd things like about how the women's team could beat any boys HS team in the country. It's an absurd statement to any man who has played basketball at the HS level or beyond. She kind of deserves some push back. The reality is that there are many HS boys teams that would run circles around the Lady Ducks. I guarantee there are many HS guards who could literally take her completely out of the game. As great as she is in the women's game, in an equal sense, her value as a basketball player is entirely dependent on her being a woman relegated to playing against other women. As childish as those comments are, they are of the same elevated gender BS that she purports herself.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

AshlandDuck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:In case you needed a reminder that internet people are the worst:

Seems pretty tepid to me. Then again, I don't get my panties in a twist when women face the same level of detraction as men do. so maybe it's just me. Sabrina has a history of running her mouth saying kind of absurd things like about how the women's team could beat any boys HS team in the country. It's an absurd statement to any man who has played basketball at the HS level or beyond. She kind of deserves some push back. The reality is that there are many HS boys teams that would run circles around the Lady Ducks. I guarantee there are many HS guards who could literally take her completely out of the game. As great as she is in the women's game, in an equal sense, her value as a basketball player is entirely dependent on her being a woman relegated to playing against other women. As childish as those comments are, they are of the same elevated gender BS that she purports herself.
Ummm the comments had nothing to do with Sabrina. Virtually none of those commentators have ever heard a word Sabrina has ever said so they aren't reacting to it. They are incel-sh trolls using a tired meme that they use on any report about women athletes. Its an asshole joke that wasn't really funny the first time it was posted let alone the 10,000th time.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

AshlandDuck wrote:

When a male basketball player makes claims it’s confidence, but when a women does it it’s absurd eh? Sabrina is confident, and a fantastic player. I don’t doubt she could beat a lot of HS guard in boys basketball that think they’re hot stuff. This sort of hypocrisy from a male driven culture is why women have to stand firm and be advocates for the abilities of women. We need more women like Sabrina in our culture as leaders to stop white men who think they have a right to speak about what other should or shouldn’t say when they’ve never been in their shoes.