Potential 2019-20 roster additions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Potential transfer targets

Post by StevensTechU »

mattc94 wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:I think Jenkins is all UNLV, but we will see today or tomorrow.
If we can't even attract the one year transfers that this team used to be built upon then I am worrying about Altman's rep among recruits. We made the Sweet Sixteen by the skin of our teeth and our offense wasn't so hot... but we shouldn't be losing out this much.
We also have enjoyed the longest stretch of success the school has seen in decades and lost to the eventual national champions by the skin of our teeth....
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

StevensTechU wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:I think Jenkins is all UNLV, but we will see today or tomorrow.
If we can't even attract the one year transfers that this team used to be built upon then I am worrying about Altman's rep among recruits. We made the Sweet Sixteen by the skin of our teeth and our offense wasn't so hot... but we shouldn't be losing out this much.
We also have enjoyed the longest stretch of success the school has seen in decades and lost to the eventual national champions by the skin of our teeth....
Yeah. And the talent pool is limited. There are hip young, coaches appearing out there all the time. I am not debating whether Alrnan is a great coach... I'm just saying that when the Blue Bloods hoover up extra recruits to warm their benches... the transfers are the ones you can't afford to lose out on.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

mattc94 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
Yeah. And the talent pool is limited. There are hip young, coaches appearing out there all the time. I am not debating whether Alrnan is a great coach... I'm just saying that when the Blue Bloods hoover up extra recruits to warm their benches... the transfers are the ones you can't afford to lose out on.
If Penny can actually coach. Memphis is going to be good. I think the recruits know about his playing days and he's still young enough to be able to relate to them 1 on 1.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Memphis just got 5* Precious Achiuwa today. They are going to be scary good if Penny is anywhere near as good of a coach as he is a recruiter. That Memphis game for Oregon could get ugly fast.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Way to go NCAA. How is Lil Penny NOT a recruiting violation? Seriously.

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

I'm not familiar with any controversy regarding Penny Hardaway and the NCAA. Can you elaborate?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

maxduck wrote:I'm not familiar with any controversy regarding Penny Hardaway and the NCAA. Can you elaborate?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is now going after #2 JC F Khalid Thomas after he decommitted from Texas Tech. He's originally from West Linn HS so it'll be interesting to see if wants to play for one of the homestate schools.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

As expected, UNLV has landed South Dakota State G David Jenkins. Besides JC F Thomas, still no real movement for Oregon for any transfers.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: Potential 2019-20 roster additions

Post by mattc94 »

Now I am beginning to wonder if we will have any depth at certain positions. Eeesh. :(
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

greenyellow wrote:As expected, UNLV has landed South Dakota State G David Jenkins. Besides JC F Thomas, still no real movement for Oregon for any transfers.
Another 247 stone-cold Duck lock picked a different school. Shocker!
:roll:
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

We may need to recruit track athletes to fill out the roster.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

a 6'9" sprinter/high jumper who plays D and rebounds well could be nice...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

If Payton Pritchard had the highest usage rate for PGs last year then I think Duarte will the same next year for off guards. Sheesh! These kids are going to be tired be worn out by midseason without any additions.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Latest offer has gone out to 2019 G Niven Glover, a 3* HS teammate of CJ Walker who's gotten a few P5 level offers in the last month. Based on the videos/scouting reports, he's an athletic slasher who's got a bit of an inconsistent jumper (which is basically what Victor Bailey was) but is an aggressive defender. With how late the offer is coming, he does feel like a spot filler who may only stick around short-term, especially if Walker is as good as advertised and leaves after a year or two.