Potential 2019-20 roster additions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Potential transfer targets

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon will also be hosting Oakland grad transfer G Jaevin Cumberland. Many believe he's likely headed to Cincinnati since his cousin is there. With the way the battles for Anthony and Stanley are going, next year's roster is going to be filled up with a bunch of grad transfers.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

David Jenkins might be my favorite potential transfer.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UOducksTK1 wrote:David Jenkins might be my favorite potential transfer.
Great stat line: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... sjr-1.html

Guy can shoot, last season 45.3% on 3's, career, 42.0%
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

While getting Eric Williams and targeting Jenkins are great, they really need some guards/wings who'll actually be eligible next season, especially with them likely missing out on both Stanley and Anthony. That makes getting grad transfers TJ Holyfield and/or Jaevin Cumberland or potential 2020 reclassifier Addison Patterson key this off-season.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Cumberland would be huge.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With Bailey gone and Williams likely having to sit out, the Ducks really need another guard (or two) who'll actually be eligible this season. If there's one recruiting area that I think Altman and his staff struggle with the most it's recruiting and developing high-level HS guards. Besides Pritchard, Dorsey, Richardson, and Bailey, almost all of Altman's top guards in recent years have been transfers or JUCOs.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:With Bailey gone and Williams likely having to sit out, the Ducks really need another guard (or two) who'll actually be eligible this season. If there's one recruiting area that I think Altman and his staff struggle with the most it's recruiting and developing high-level HS guards. Besides Pritchard, Dorsey, Richardson, and Bailey, almost all of Altman's top guards in recent years have been transfers or JUCOs.
We had a couple good ones before they decided to make some poor decisions with women, leading to their transfer out.

Point taken, though.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Cumberland was a better offensive player in terms of efficiency than anyone on our team last year.

He's visited us, Purdon't and NC State.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

As much as I would like to have recruits stay at least three years to build chemistry and leadership and to have few if no grad transfers, I am happy Altman knows how to work them and build a team. It would be nice if they could gel during the pre-season then at the end of the regular season.
Last edited by RebelDuck on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

RebelDuck wrote:As much as I would like to have recruits stay at least three years to build chemistry and leadership and to have few if no grad transfers, I am happy Altman knows how to work them and build a team. It would be nice if they could gel during the post-season then at the end of the regular season.
Why would you want them gelling later rather than earlier? In that scenario this years team wouldn’t have even made the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
RebelDuck wrote:As much as I would like to have recruits stay at least three years to build chemistry and leadership and to have few if no grad transfers, I am happy Altman knows how to work them and build a team. It would be nice if they could gel during the post-season then at the end of the regular season.
Why would you want them gelling later rather than earlier? In that scenario this years team wouldn’t have even made the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited to say pre-season
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is out of it for SFA grad transfer TJ Holyfield. With Norris transferring, they really needed another tall, athletic SF/PF type. There are limited options for those types on the grad transfer market so they'll likely need to find a hidden gem or a reclassifying 2020 recruit.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Based on the comment section of Prehm's latest basketball insider stuff, it looks like Oregon is zeroing in on Kansas grad transfer G KJ Lawson (brother of incoming Duck commit Chandler Lawson), Oakland grad transfer G Jaevin Cumberland, and potential New Mexico grad transfer G Anthony Mathis (who played with Pritchard at West Linn HS for a couple seasons.) They're also trying to get 2020 recruits C N'Faly Dante and G Addison Patterson to reclassify.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

greenyellow wrote:Based on the comment section of Prehm's latest basketball insider stuff, it looks like Oregon is zeroing in on Kansas grad transfer G KJ Lawson (brother of incoming Duck commit Chandler Lawson), Oakland grad transfer G Jaevin Cumberland, and potential New Mexico grad transfer G Anthony Mathis (who played with Pritchard at West Linn HS for a couple seasons.) They're also trying to get 2020 recruits C N'Faly Dante and G Addison Patterson to reclassify.
Thanks for the inside juice. From what I can gather they are really going hard after Dante but Izzo is after him too. Don't know if we will be able to pull him away Michigan State. But you never know.